• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

need some info

s10truggy

Wat it benefit of narrowing and jeep tub, and is worth it to narrow the tub 5 to 6 iniches, I
am wondering if it would be worth the time to narrow my tj project I am about to start. I am wanting opinion and info please thanks

The point of narrowing, or dovetailing a rig is to improve the rigs corner clearances from obstacles while crawling. In general a jeep tub without front fenders and a comp cut with armor will be just fine. If you think that you are going to be crawling in situations where you are going to be jamming the hood and tub corners into the obstacle then you probably need to be building a buggy.

Lil ugly said:
The point of narrowing, or dovetailing a rig is to improve the rigs corner clearances from obstacles while crawling. In general a jeep tub without front fenders and a comp cut with armor will be just fine. If you think that you are going to be crawling in situations where you are going to be jamming the hood and tub corners into the obstacle then you probably need to be building a buggy.

X2 on this. Although a properly done bob and dove looks flashemifyougotem

If the tub is already backhalved I would just address the front fenders and leave it be. You will appreciate the shoulder room on a full day or weekend of wheeling. Only exception is if you think you will do alot of wheeling out west in the rocks. They do alot more of teh crack and crevice wheeling that requires an narrow chassis.

Yeah I know but was just wondering y they narrowed it an if it really made that much of a difference.