• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Need the th350 brains to help me out

yota38strong

I've got a th350 recently built with reverse manual valve body.
I'm going to explain my issue then ask my question.
All the gears work/pull and do not slip. But when I shift all the way into third gear when rolling then shift back into second gear it will lock the tires up as in lock them up I mean slide the tires throw your ass through the windshield kind of lock up. But I can shift it into neutral then back into first and it works perfect again as long as I don't shift into third gear.

Ok so I pulled the trans removed the valve body and there aren't any of the steel balls in the trans. I do have some knowledge of a th350 but not much with the reverse valve body setup. Is removing all of the steel balls something you normally do for a reverse valve body? Or do I have something deeper in i need to take a look at.

Do you have the reverse manual valve body with engine braking? If so, I would say that is what you are experiencing.

I was reading all kinds of stuff before I did mine, I haven't ran it yet but I'm curious about the changes it makes.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/automatic-transmission/798405-can-you-downshift-rmvb-th350.html

Re:

I'm not sure, the previous owner had the trans built. I looked up the Part number on the valve body and it's a TCI 321115. What I've read on it it's just a reverse manual valve body. I was reading a thread I've on pirate and I read where someone said you have to completely stop to down shift with reverse valve body but it only does this when going from 3rd to 2nd. 2nd to 1st is normal.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Re:

Thanks Robbiem, a lot of good info in that thread. From what I've been reading it's normal operation for the rmvb. Just something I'll have to get used to. This is my first setup with a rmvb so it's new to me.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk