• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Need to Wheel

srgould41

Finally finished sewing my soft top back together. Trees and soft tops don't mix. Anyway, ready to hit the trails again. Have to work this weekend so how about next Saturday (November 7th). Walker? Elbe? Is Evans still open?

I posted here to see where people want to go before using that specific forum list.

Me and a buddy are headed to evans sun the15th-17. Leaving after work sun afternoon after im off work. Camping at the grounds with motorhome and orange cj7:beer:

Funny thing Mike. I got the rig all back together and ran it over the summer a few times and just made the decision last week to get out. Took me three days of hemming and hawing before I could start dismantling but she's slowly coming apart. So, short answer - Nothing!

How about you? Still wheelin a ZJ or have you moved on to a tube contraption?

Funny thing Mike. I got the rig all back together and ran it over the summer a few times and just made the decision last week to get out. Took me three days of hemming and hawing before I could start dismantling but she's slowly coming apart. So, short answer - Nothing!

How about you? Still wheelin a ZJ or have you moved on to a tube contraption?

That sucks dude. Did you get out to Elbe before she came apart? I could have given you an Elbe tour that would have given your rig a workout.

I'm still wheeling Grand Cherokees. My daily driver is my sixth one (96 Larado) My fourth ZJ is my current wheeler (96 Limited). You can see it right square in the middle of one of the banner pics here. It's a tube contraption. Basically we kept the firewall, windshield frame and the frame forward of there. The tube starts at the pedals and goes back.

Aside from the occasional rip around the neighborhood, grocery store run or the emissions test every two years to keep my tabs it rides a trailer to and fro. Full tilt domestic shafted 60s at both ends and 39.5/18r15 Boggers for winter, Pretty typical PNW style build really. I get out with it every other weekend at least. Camp at least once a month year round. Wheeling is pretty much a part time job for me.

Get something built bud. I'd love to wheel with you again. You and your buddy where there when I started years ago. I still remember sitting in that diner near Evans for breakfast with the NAGCA guys waiting for you two. I had never been to Evans before. My rig (98 Limited) was dead stock outside of a locker, sliders and stock sized "mud terrain" type tires. You guys rolled in with two seasoned trail ZJs and everyone at the table collectively kinda said...

"Oh ****!"

Sorry for mini storytime guys. I can't wheel Evans this weekend. Next weekend is Naches Fri to Sat, then WOHVA meeting Sunday. Driving my rig to that, rain or shine. Weekend after that is offmap. I'll likely be down for Elbe or something Thanksgiving weekend if my rig is still serviceable.

:D