• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Never ending Samurai build...

I went back and double checked...with everything cold the fluid level is above the area where youd read the level...so really high. As soon as i fire it up the level drops to the highest notch in the cold section.

The trans cooler is mounted approx 3ft behind and prob 1ft above the trans. Never paid attention to others...but should the lines go up before going to the trans to keep all the fluid from draining back to the pan?

I believe I took care of the leaks on the trans. Replaced the seal on the selector shaft...and removed the kick down cable, cut off the cable at the aluminum portion and then capped it with a rubber cap.

IMAG4300_zpsvy1szl58.jpg

My glove box showed up yesterday so I cut the hole and shoved it in there to see what it looks like...

IMAG4343_zpsbnmz5sq1.jpg

IMAG4342_zpszkbxpmyu.jpg

Anyone that has worked on anything with me knows I HATE working on sheet metal...and japanese sheet metal is the worst. It usually goes something like...TACK, TACK, TACK, ****...a hole, TACK, TACK, TACK, DAMNIT...another hole, TACK, TACK, TACK, WTF!!!! So with that in mind here is how my transmission tunnel turned out...

IMAG4329_zpsclecuiyv.jpg

IMAG4332_zps4db5pc6d.jpg

Yeah I'm happy with it. I got a chance to use it today too! Keeping my cell phone and such clean and secured was nice...I never had a door for the stock glove box so craps was always falling out.

Took it to Gulches for a shakedown. Everything seemed to work great. Had to add a bit more fluid to the trans but that's about it.

IMAG4347_zpsekeylesg.jpg

IMAG4348_zpsmg58bfoe.jpg
[/URL]

Its definitely gonna take a little more getting use to, but the future looks good with it. I ran several l ok nes today easier than ever before simply because i was able to keep smooth forward momentum.

sleepsontoilet said:
Digging the clean lines on it.

Thanks!
Stuntman Autoworks said:
Looks good man

Thanks again!

Another piece of the puzzle showed up in the mail today. This will be installed in the back panel of the glove box...or at least thats the plan at this point. It has a 12v cigarette lighter port as well as two USB ports which are both rated at 2.1 amps, which is required by several of the newer mobile devices in order to charge properly. I'll also be installing one of the Pyle marine amps under the dash and routing the AUX jack to the glove box so when a phone or MP3 player is hooked up it can stay in the glove box. The "gain" or volume knob will be mounted in the dash I think...not sure on that one yet.

IMAG4355_zpsyhfjzi9e.jpg

IMAG4356_zps7b1nzdyx.jpg

IMAG4357_zpsevvrafxh.jpg

I meant to ask this the other day, but is anyone else running a set of reverse offset beadlocks? Mine are made by Allied and are 15x8 with 2.5"BS. I've been tinkering with air pressure and every time I get down to around 4psi the front tires will end up burping air out the back side and pretty much running flat. The thing is that even at that low of pressure the sidewalls show very little sign of bulging with as light as my rig is. I haven't had a problem out of the rear, but that's probably just due to the front being turned and pushed into an object or sidehill.

Thoughts?

Well despite the less than desirable weather we had a GREAT time at Harlan this past weekend with the rest of the crew from Hardline! Most of the trails here give the impression that they'd be impossible when wet, but really there's quite a bit of traction to be had. I'm happy to report my little rig did really well...no breakage or other issues to report on. The only obstacle I wish I'd had another shot at was Lil Jagger since I only tried it on Thursday evening when we first got there and meant to hit it again on Saturday on the way out.

On Friday we rode around with the rest of the group and since we all stopped at Pony Hill to check it out a few of us gave it a try. JohnG was first and after some work he made it to the top and drove back down. I'm not sure who the second guy was, but he was in the Spidertrax rig with the 43" SX's...he gave it a shot but didn't get to the top. I figured since everyone was still hanging around that I'd give it a whirl...and surprised myself by heading to the top on the 3rd shot...WOOOOO!!!!!!!

Here's the video from Pony Hill
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IyFV0Aiw7I&list#

Here;s my run on Valve Stem...really enjoy this trail
Ryan'a samurai on valve stem

Glad to video this rig, I think you have done a great job on it and you done a great job in the Den even though you lost your Dew :driving:

clemsonjeep said:
I meant to ask this the other day, but is anyone else running a set of reverse offset beadlocks? Mine are made by Allied and are 15x8 with 2.5"BS. I've been tinkering with air pressure and every time I get down to around 4psi the front tires will end up burping air out the back side and pretty much running flat. The thing is that even at that low of pressure the sidewalls show very little sign of bulging with as light as my rig is. I haven't had a problem out of the rear, but that's probably just due to the front being turned and pushed into an object or sidehill.

Thoughts?

Ryan, I had the same issues when I ran the 39.5 Iroks on my Creeper Locks. I put 2 wraps of Gorilla tape over the inner safety bead of the rim. That solved my issues with the tires burping air and I ran 2 - 2.5 psi front and rear. Let me know if you've got anymore questions about them. I have to run 2 - 3 psi in the tires on my buggy to get them to work well due to the light weight of my buggy, which is probably where your tires are going to work best. I run the 37" Treps filled to the hubs with water on the front and I still run 2 - 2.5 psi in them.

Check post #23 in this thread, that's how I did mine when I ran the Iroks.
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/general-4x4-discussion/1473714-bias-iroks-burping-air.html

Rig looks good too and seems to perform well. Hope to wheel with you sometime.

untchabl said:
Ryan, I had the same issues when I ran the 39.5 Iroks on my Creeper Locks. I put 2 wraps of Gorilla tape over the inner safety bead of the rim. That solved my issues with the tires burping air and I ran 2 - 2.5 psi front and rear. Let me know if you've got anymore questions about them. I have to run 2 - 3 psi in the tires on my buggy to get them to work well due to the light weight of my buggy, which is probably where your tires are going to work best. I run the 37" Treps filled to the hubs with water on the front and I still run 2 - 2.5 psi in them.

Check post #23 in this thread, that's how I did mine when I ran the Iroks.
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/general-4x4-discussion/1473714-bias-iroks-burping-air.html

Rig looks good too and seems to perform well. Hope to wheel with you sometime.

Thanks...id looked around and not found much in the way of solutions so thats good info.

mikeyg79 said:
Where did you get that USB charge panel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://www.baronusa.net/articulo/usb-x2-cigarette-socket-x1-panel-12v-dc-with-external-waterproof-cover/3661