• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

nevermind. Me havin brakes just wasn't meant to be..

kushKrawlin

Can someone please tell me wtf makes trailer brakes not work. My trailer has never had working breaks since I bought it and the rig .. I really wanna get me working .. Everything I have read or watched is stupid confusing To me. I just wanna know wtf is common issue so I can fix it .. Or what to look for. Any advice would be awesome. At my wits end. Fukin trailer brakes has really got me confused.
Trailer brakes on my lawn trailer work so it's not the controller. If that helps. Thanks.

Re: just want my trailer brakes to work for once.

It's the custom hub covers. Let's look at them one day this week.

Ground to the trailer? Broken wires at the wheels? Brakes out of adjustment? Not wired correctly?. Does the controller show its hooked up on said trailer. "lights on controller"
Just a few places to start.

99% of the time for me it is a bad ground. The other 1% my dog eats the wiring harness.
Pull your plug on the trailer end apart and make sure you have good connections. Make sure your ground to the trailer is put on a self tapping screw or a bolt with a star washer that bites into the metal. Can also run an extra ground wire screwed into the trailer and an alligator clip in the other end that you ground on the truck but if the plug is wired correctly, you shouldn't need it.

Pull it to me I will fix it.

Re:

Are you sure your trailer has brakes? I wouldn't just ask this question to anyone, but you are special.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Re: Re: just want my trailer brakes to work for once.

fordcontraption01 said:
Or a bad JOINT lol
He ain't even hauling a trailer, just thinks he is.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Not all factory installed brake systems on trucks jive with electric or electric over hydraulic systems. Look at Etrailer.com and find the magic brake confuser to let them jive with each other. I had this problem with my 2010 GMC hd and a boat trailer. $10,000 later, it was fixed. lol

I have a prodigy brake controller that works great on my other trailer. Yes this trailer has an axle that has brakes ... Bout to text u Patrick. Fuk u will

Re:

onepieceatatime said:
Is your brake controller acting like it's connected?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
I have texted him this 3 times. For some reason it confuses him so I gave up. :****:

Am I the only one that sees Casey dragging his trailer all the way to Golden Mountain this weekend with one tire not turning! :flipoff1: Got to find me a "half assed" smilie!!!!

Mine were similar to yours Casey, what I found when I opened mine up were that the magnets and the machined area in the drum were badly worn, I bought loaded brakes like these (except mine are larger:

http://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Brakes/etrailer/AKEBRK-35R.html?feed=npn&gclid=Cj0KEQjw88q9BRDB5qLcwLXr7_sBEiQAZsGja_TLMBidOMc8bPnfjHbsazVzerR23qFtuPeWEgLL9y0aAuil8P8HAQ

New drums, and bam, I gots great brakes on both axles. I did check all the obvious stuff mentioned above before I pulled my drums, but I figured I needed to pack axle bearings anyways.

Fuk Em. Done. Fuk brakes. I'll check on that mark. I'm done Fukin with these. Re wired them fukers,, have power going to brakes and ground is good. Fuk them brakes. And yea I'm frusterated and sorry for cussin. But dam. Horse **** I tell ya.