• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

nevermind. Me havin brakes just wasn't meant to be..

If you have power to brakes look at what MDO said. I didn't need drums but.I bought the never adjust backing plate assembly and been working great ever since. Sounds like it's in your.magnet area on that plate. Could also be a cut sire where they go in to the assembly FYI

Me and a buddy bought 2 pj trailers . Mine had brakes that worked fine his didn't have any. Someone had wired his 7 pin connector wrong. He switched a couple wires around and they been working fine. Might luck out and it be something simple like that.

Kush...have you located the wires at the brake hub? If so figure out which one is power and which is ground. Hard wire them to a battery with the axle jacked up off the ground and see if they're actualy work...ie...the wheel won't spin when the battery is hooked up. If you've got a 12v power tool battery it will work just as well without having to tote around a full size.

I'd verify the brakes function before tracing down other problems. Keep in mind they may function, but might not be adjusted or may even need the shoes replaced so you'll need to listen for movement.

Maybe the first question should have been...are you sure they're straight electric brakes?

By the time he gets to Golden Mtn, he will wish he had brakes cause them hills between here and there ain't no joke!!!

Re: nevermind. Me havin brakes just wasn't meant to be..

Hwy 111 is a bitch climb. Couple places, the RV got down to 23. Temps climbing some, was 221 at the top. That is one hell of a mountain.

Sent using left thumb.

I went to gmp earlier this year and wow what some hills. Started to unload rig and just drive it :woody: