• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

New 3 in 1 Welders Best Option?

pennsylvaniaboy said:
No offense but are you kind of a spokesperson/sponsored by them ?

Nope....they are the official welder of XoR, but even with that ask anyone who has tried one. I spent a week at SEMA and another week at Fabtech with people letting them try out this welder and they were all impressed.

I LOVE the Rebel welder, and I was the biggest skeptic when it first showed up at the shop, even making them ship me one of their larger solid state machines because I thought there was no way the Rebel would be able to do what I needed done....I surprised and impressed.....it is my go to welder....

I just ordered the Esab Rebel with the spool gun. I'm curious to see how it performs. I have a Hobart 250 beta mig that has a spool gun , a 300 amp Linde high frequency tig and a Miller Bluestar gas powered stick welder. I wanted something a could throw in the trailer and could take to the families restaurant when needed. I will give a fairly educated unbiased opinion to the Hardline faithful.

ian from xtreme said:
I have tried most of them, and have to be honest the ESAB Rebel is by far my favorite.....

I can't wait till they come out with the EM215ic. I love the way the caddy mig reads arc voltage and adjust for different stick outs. Super handy feature for out of position work or tube notches. If the rebel does the same thing I would love to have the added capacity. I just don't want the stick or tig functions.

For anyone looking into a 3 in 1 welder, Lincoln has a rebate right now which expires 8/29 for the Power Mig 210 MP and the Square Wave TIG 200. Both machines for $1999. I'm looking for an entry level AC TIG machine for my house and a new welder for the farm. They are listed as a pair for $2600 with a $600 instant rebate. One of my co-workers just ordered his. A friend I wheel with has the 210 MP and likes it

http://offers.lincolnelectric.com/garagepak/?utm_source=leco-home&utm_medium=slider&utm_campaign=garageBundle-offer?from=b2c-homepage

CarolinaCrawler1 said:
I can't wait till they come out with the EM215ic. I love the way the caddy mig reads arc voltage and adjust for different stick outs. Super handy feature for out of position work or tube notches. If the rebel does the same thing I would love to have the added capacity. I just don't want the stick or tig functions.

The rebel reads arc voltage just like the caddymig. This is what makes it superior to all other conventional mig machines. Set it up and it reads arc voltage to keep output constant and consistent.

The rebel em (mig only) is still about $400 more than the caddy mig was, which is odd considering nearly same machine.

That pushes into the realm of justifying the price of the mig/tig/stick for another $400.

You can use a spool gun with the rebel yet the caddymig was advertised as being able to push aluminum wire without a spool gun.

Can anyone confirm if you can run sil-bro wire through the rebel like you could with the caddymig?

Edit:

Both the millermatic mp 215 and the Lincoln 210 mp machines also both read arc voltage to keep output consistent regardless of user technique and stick out changes.

All of these require an algorithm to calculate output changes based on arc voltage input.

My point is that I very seriously doubt that all 3 use the same algorithm to calculate this.

I have welded with the esab caddymig and can confirm that the technology works and is far superior to conventional CV mig in most application.

I have no doubt that esab used the same technology in the rebel, and that very little on the programming side changed, only expanded to match hardware.

I haven't welded with the Miller or the Lincoln and can't say about how well their claims translate to actual weld quality.