• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

New guy - from Sweden

NeoTech

Hello... gonna start out with presenting me. I'm a 30 year old webdesigner living in sweden.
I have been building street machines for a while and got my eyes on 4x4 just recently and it woke my interest.

But i have hard time to find any good information on what is suggested as a starting point for a crawler, we got kinda rocky nature around here with a bunch of annoying laws to that.

But here we go, i have some to choose between, a Chevy 454 bigblock engine running a TBI injection system.. or a Vortec V6 4.7l something engine running a custom MPI system. (there some differnce in torque here) what would you guys suggest?

I have been looking around junkyards and are choosing between a Cherokee -91 and a Blazer for axles what would be a good donor?

What i have understood, a PG gearbox would go along way and a atlas transcase is almost a must if its not gonna be shot to hell.. or am i way off here?!

What am i aiming at, good question, i like to run fast.. but i need it to be able to take a rocky beating... i'm not out looking for a pure slow crawler, more something to hit muddy hillsides with..

I hope i dont seem like a total idiot now, but need a good starting point for fabrication and suggestions.. Importing parts to here is bloody expensive, so just attempting this will probably run me twice the cost then for you guys.. i need to plan.. and ask. =)