• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

new k-5

79chevy39.5's

picked up a k-5 with no motor sm465 (32 spline) and 4" lift on decent 35's for $180
so im gunna put my lift on it to get rid of blocks and theyre softer, 39.5 tsl's, dana 60 front 14 bolt back swap a 205 for the 208, then trade my caddy 500 for a bbc so i dont have to mess with motor mounts and bellhousing

the problem w/ the Caddy 500 isn't them motor mounts or the bellhousing.. it is the fact that you said SM465, and I don't believe that any caddy motor has any provisions in the end of the crank for a pilot bearing, and a flywheel from an aftermarket company is EXPENSIVE since Caddy never had one from the factory.

hey man lets see some pics. what year is it? thats what i want to do to my 85 k5 just got to save up the cash. cant wait to see the buildup
thanks
edwin song

Poohbair said:
the problem w/ the Caddy 500 isn't them motor mounts or the bellhousing.. it is the fact that you said SM465, and I don't believe that any caddy motor has any provisions in the end of the crank for a pilot bearing, and a flywheel from an aftermarket company is EXPENSIVE since Caddy never had one from the factory.

from what i have read and researched you can actualy use a bop bellhousing and throwout and flywheel but that has yet to be seen with my eyes

79chevy39.5's said:
picked up a k-5 with no motor sm465 (32 spline) and 4" lift on decent 35's for $180
so im gunna put my lift on it to get rid of blocks and theyre softer, 39.5 tsl's, dana 60 front 14 bolt back swap a 205 for the 208, then trade my caddy 500 for a bbc so i dont have to mess with motor mounts and bellhousing

You Will need bigger tires 39.5 wont cut it:D Get you some 44s'
img0033fu6.jpg

img0021iw6.jpg