• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

New Owner of the "Showtime" Bouncer

Might show some ignorance on my part...but why does it seem like it's having to work really hard on the low end? In the second video when he launches up the second hill and comes down...the wheels stop and when he tries to get moving again it just seems like the motor is working really hard and nothings happening...is it just a combination of the torque converter and gearing setup?

clemsonjeep said:
Might show some ignorance on my part...but why does it seem like it's having to work really hard on the low end? In the second video when he launches up the second hill and comes down...the wheels stop and when he tries to get moving again it just seems like the motor is working really hard and nothings happening...is it just a combination of the torque converter and gearing setup?
think it's more of the " it ain't got the lsx454 any more". Heard it does have a nice 6.0 with cam

Damn that is a beautiful buggy. Congrats to your friend for owning one of the most popular rigs in the world. thumb.gif Interesting that it may have a 6.0 now, sounds like it can eat when need be though. Your friend isn't afraid to go for it, that's for sure.

I thought that thing was completely stripped after a nasty roll and he sold just the chassis? Is that right?

nothing wrong with a cammed 6.0. mine ripped pretty good in a 5300# rig (cammed, tuned, heads, headers)

booyang

it's now going into my new buggy that'll weigh closer to 4k

congrats to your friend. looks like a fun rig

maybe a manual valve body and was in 2nd

Looked and sounded fine to me ???

Suspension seemed to be soaking up the hits fairly well, too.

al1tonyota said:
I think I would've stayed with the 4.88's

I agree... You know I went the 5:13's ... IMO 4:10 is just not low enough with a power glide ... I had to learn the hard way

The motor is no slouch its a Lq9 with square port Ls3 heads and of course cam and single plane intake with a Holley HP system its no 454 but plenty of get it. The axles gears and transmission are all the same. Combo of the glide and high stall makes her kind of a light switch.
I think the new owner is getting the feel for her pretty quick its not the easiest buggy to hop in and go.

Latest posts