• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

New Paint for the crawler hauler

gsell

It's time for a re-do on my 16 ft trailer. The trailer just has surface rust and some light spots, figured I would hit it with a wire brush and spray it. I have used Eastwood's POR product for trailers and chassis a good while back and it covered and lasted pretty decent. Any other suggestions? I have heard of folks using undercoating for trailers, has anyone done that and how does it hold up?

Maybe kmcminn will chime in here he used some type of roll on stuff on his when he redid it and seems to be holding up great!

we used the DIY duplicolor kit for the deck of my trailer and it held up quite well for the 4 years I owned it

good traction when it was wet too

I wouldn't use undercoat, it never sets up, will eventually come off and cause lots of headaches if you ever want to paint it down the road. I've had good luck with Tractor Supply Implement enamel and it's cheap. Make sure to use the hardener in it. PREP WORK IS THE KEY. I'm a professional painter and you could spend a $1000 on primer and paint but if it's put over rust it will just keep rusting till it bust through the paint. I've used Chassis Saver and POR15 a couple times and wasn't impressed with either.

Rustoleum applied with a roller. Put it on thick and it will dry slick.
I have painted many projects like this and it holds up great and is cheap.

Re:

^^^this
10 bucks a can, and minimal prep.
TS is good, but more $$$, and you need to prime and also buy/add hardener...

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk