• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

New seats tired of a wet butt!

Re: Re: New seats tired of a wet butt!

blacksheep10 said:
Where is everyone getting a grand for seats? Are you buying these for rec wheeleing?
http://www.prpseats.com/product/comp-elite/

Maybe try these as an alternative to the corbeau

http://www.prpseats.com/product/premier-suspension-seat/

Go though a dealer and be in them for near half the number you guys are throwing around.
Yep

My PRPs though Dave's were no where near $1000.

I'd rather ride all day in a junk rig with nice seats and belts, than a nice rig with junk seats and belts

Has anybody replaced a set of Corbeau's with a set of the PRP? How close are the mounts and seat sizes? I know I can look it up but just wondering if anyone might know off hand. My corbeaus have ripped the cover every since I have had them.

civicmindedex79 said:
Has anybody replaced a set of Corbeau's with a set of the PRP? How close are the mounts and seat sizes? I know I can look it up but just wondering if anyone might know off hand. My corbeaus have ripped the cover every since I have had them.
. I would like that info also. Wonder if the mounting holes are the same? I have LG-1 wide in both my buggies.

Sent using left thumb.

I just order a set of PRP Daily Drivers from Wide Open Designs. Got them for under $550 shipped to my door. I didnt get the mesh bottom because they are going in a cab truck. (Kinda wish i would have) Not sure if they even offer a mesh bottom in the Daily's but I would think they do. Got to pick the colors and all. Turned out really nice.
7983f578047ad67cb40a74b77e9a6c9b.jpg
511f43baa6904adef1fa3e5dd31a59b6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

wizzo said:
Is that plastic piece not uncomfortable sitting on?
It's really low. You can't tell it's there when you are sitting in them.

I can't take credit for the idea. I got it from Burkey.

wizzo said:
While I hear what you are saying, here is what I don't get. Most will spend thousands of dollars on axle parts, tires, engines, etc. But the last thing you want to spend money on is seats, the item or part you are in contact with 100% of the time while you are wheeling. To me, if I'm not comfortable and safe while I'm wheeling, I'm not interested in ride'n. Seats and harnesses that fit you and are comfortable are priceless IMO.

well said chris.

I would also like to know the answer to PRPs bolting up just like corbeaus

1tfrot said:
well said chris.

I would also like to know the answer to PRPs bolting up just like corbeaus

civicmindedex79 said:

I went from Corbeau's to the PRP Podiums. I had to redo the seat mounts b/c the seats had different angles and just the over all size differences. I'm pretty sure the PRP bolted in but just sat way to funny to work.

wizzo said:
I went from Corbeau's to the PRP Podiums. I had to redo the seat mounts b/c the seats had different angles and just the over all size differences. I'm pretty sure the PRP bolted in but just sat way to funny to work.

This is what I was assuming and my seats BARELY fit. But lots of questions have been answered. I was gonna ask if they made extra wides.

If I am looking right I only see one seat that the cushion pulls out of?

wizzo said:
PRP will build them wider and taller to suite you. Looks like most of the competition series seats have removable seat bottoms.

http://www.prpseats.com/product-category/seats/competition-series/

If you select the seat from the page (Competition Pro, Comp Elite & Podium) it shows the mounting measurements. 18" front to back and 14" side to side

Thanks for some reason I was missing that info.