• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

New Shop means New Tools!

Haulin4alivin

Well my wife and I where fortunate enough to be able to purchase a new home. The new property has a 30'x50' Shop with a 15' lien to. I have hired a local barn builder to remove the wall in between the lien to and the actual shop to create a 45'x50' shop. I made enough off of the home we live in now to be able to make some rather large purchases in the new shop. I was hoping to get some feedback on some of the items I'm looking to purchase and maybe get some options of equipment you'll have bought and where happy with. Obviously I'm not looking for high high dollar equipment just things that I can use from time to time in my shop on my own buggy and other various projects. I have bought some harbor freight things and had great luck but I get nervous. I know there are other companies out there maybe you all can shed some light on them for me. I'm located in Western Oklahoma.

2 Post lift
2 Stage Air Compressor
Band Saw
Tubing Bender
Tubing Notcher
Drill Press

If i lived in Oklahoma, i would want a 1st class storm shelter to get my but into! but here in the last few years, north Alabama not been much better.

Lifts are pretty cheap new compared to what used ones and installation cost. About $2600 gets you a good bendpak 10k pound unit. Gotta make sure slab is thick enough to support the weight. Put that in first and make side money to buy your other stuff.

We bought new lift from autozone and they work great and prices good also

To add to your list
A good heavy table with vise
Multiprocess welder
Bench grinder
Roll around tool box
Air hose reels
If in the budget a small iron worker will do work and you can add punches and dies as money is available
You can find good band saws that will do vertical and horizontal
Good radio
Beer fridge
Ice machine

We're in western ok u live I'm from Comanche Oklahoma south central maybe we can wheel sometime

Lol Yes a storm shelter is a must. Luckily the place already has one! The barn has 4" slab so I'm sure it's good. I already have a large amount of tools I'm just looking to add these few things. I'm looking to spend in the neighborhood of 4500-6500 on these items. I'm located in Elk City OK

Haulin4alivin said:
Lol Yes a storm shelter is a must. Luckily the place already has one! The barn has 4" slab so I'm sure it's good. I already have a large amount of tools I'm just looking to add these few things. I'm looking to spend in the neighborhood of 4500-6500 on these items. I'm located in Elk City OK

not positive but I am pretty sure you need at least a 6" slab for a 2 post lift. Something you might want to check into.

Should have 6", but i have worked off several that were on 4" slabs. Best thing to do would be to make it deeper where lift will be mounted if the slab was going to be poured new.

I bought a 60 gallon compressor from Home Depot and have been really happy with it. I plumbed my shope with PEX and it has worked out great.

I bought a 10,000 2 post lift back in January. Its a Challenger, they are made locally to me, it will lift asymetrical and symetrical. a friend of mine had 10 of these lifts in his shop and uses them daily. They aren't the cheapest lift out there but not the most expensive either. I would recommend them

Pretty much every lift company recommends 4" for 10,000 and under, 6" of concrete for 10,001 and greater.

Haulin4alivin said:
Well my wife and I where fortunate enough to be able to purchase a new home. The new property has a 30'x50' Shop with a 15' lien to. I have hired a local barn builder to remove the wall in between the lien to and the actual shop to create a 45'x50' shop. I made enough off of the home we live in now to be able to make some rather large purchases in the new shop. I was hoping to get some feedback on some of the items I'm looking to purchase and maybe get some options of equipment you'll have bought and where happy with. Obviously I'm not looking for high high dollar equipment just things that I can use from time to time in my shop on my own buggy and other various projects. I have bought some harbor freight things and had great luck but I get nervous. I know there are other companies out there maybe you all can shed some light on them for me. I'm located in Western Oklahoma.

2 Post lift
2 Stage Air Compressor
Band Saw
Tubing Bender
Tubing Notcher
Drill Press

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    50 KB · Views: 277
I vote JMR bender and notcher I've used the 3 big names as of late and I went for the JMR.The dies are the biggest upgrade in the 3