• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

New Storage box for Ruby

That box is perfect!

A little internet research indicates that may be a DeeZee Specialty model #56? I've been looking for something just like that; thought I was gonna' have to make it. Thanks for posting! Looks like a trip to see Brian and Dana at Olympic on Monday.

On a winch side note, somebody should start a thread on winch mounting from personal experiences (do's and dont's).

:corn:

That box is perfect!

A little internet research indicates that may be a DeeZee Specialty model #56? I've been looking for something just like that; thought I was gonna' have to make it. Thanks for posting! Looks like a trip to see Brian and Dana at Olympic on Monday.

On a winch side note, somebody should start a thread on winch mounting from personal experiences (do's and dont's).

:corn:

FYI
Olympic is closed on mondays. :hi:

Kat,

For what it's worth, after you get the 8274, just ditch the rear winch idea all together. I've wheeled for 20 years. And most of those years were in my CJ5. In '94, I installed a rear winch. I sold that jeep 2 years ago. Only once did I ever need to pull someone behind me. Most of the time, a strap tug, and away they went. However, the downside of having a rear winch (other than the weight) was that I was always stuck in front of the one guy (or gal) who didn't have a winch. So, I couldn't go the trails at my pace, but rather had to keep a rear watch on the newbe. It was more of a pita.

Moneypit