• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

new trail in elbe off the swamp

k2blazen

was up there 2 weekend ago dp was cutting a new line through the begining of the swamp trail , at the right when you go up in it comes back out befor the swamp, between tree line probably a lot of brush still .Its off cambered and new, recommended for 36+. Looks wicked and fun I imagine it get will get fuwked eventually just curious how many locals heard about it .

Check out dogpoundoffroad.org

Yes, our club adopted swamp trail about 2-3 years ago

We've been picking up trash, blocking bypasses, repairing damage a few times a year. I was not on the work party for this section of new trail but I'm looking forward to checking it out. There is a large log you will need big tires or winch to get past is the report.

Enjoy!

Check out dogpoundoffroad.org

Yes, our club adopted swamp trail about 2-3 years ago

We've been picking up trash, blocking bypasses, repairing damage a few times a year. I was not on the work party for this section of new trail but I'm looking forward to checking it out. There is a large log you will need big tires or winch to get past is the report.

Enjoy!

I know about the clubs and orgs. just wanted to now how the trail was coming along and how many people know and tried it thats all.were you the one running the saw ! I winched ed out in his samari .

This is a new Legal trail section that the DNR has approved :cheer:

A couple years ago there was a timber sale and part of the swamp trail was turned into a logging road. The timber company was supposed to turn the road back into a trail when they were done logging but they did a crappy job. Nancy (DNR) said since the Dogpound adopted the trail, they could make the logging road back into a trail.
:awesomework:

This is a new Legal trail section that the DNR has approved :cheer:

A couple years ago there was a timber sale and part of the swamp trail was turned into a logging road. The timber company was supposed to turn the road back into a trail when they were done logging but they did a crappy job. Nancy (DNR) said since the Dogpound adopted the trail, they could make the logging road back into a trail.
:awesomework:

Thanks for the clarification. That's good news. :cheer:

We have spent every work party in the last 3 years Closing off parts of the inner swamp and building Silt traps to control the mud and runoff into the Actual Swamp. We finally had a chance to start on the new trail it is intended for Big tires. When the guys cut it I followed behind and my Starter Crapped out at the log. so I had to be tugged out. We hope to start on the Entrance from Gotcha soon. Nancy and them Dubbed the Swamp a double black Diamond trail and we are going to try our best to make it just that maybe then the busy won't get abused so much.

Stay on Designated trail Please.

Also your opinions are always welcome in an attempt to make the swamp trail more technical.

We have spent every work party in the last 3 years Closing off parts of the inner swamp and building Silt traps to control the mud and runoff into the Actual Swamp. We finally had a chance to start on the new trail it is intended for Big tires. When the guys cut it I followed behind and my Starter Crapped out at the log. so I had to be tugged out. We hope to start on the Entrance from Gotcha soon. Nancy and them Dubbed the Swamp a double black Diamond trail and we are going to try our best to make it just that maybe then the busy won't get abused so much.

Stay on Designated trail Please.

Also your opinions are always welcome in an attempt to make the swamp trail more technical.

Good work Ed and crew :awesomework:

Great job ED and Dogpound! Elbe is becoming a better wheeling place for all. Rocks put on the Rainier Vista, New Obstacles on the Swamp Trail, and the Busywild is once again challenging! Great Job Everyone!

Excellent Work DP Crew!!! Nice to see some more technical trails being built in our parks....

This is awesome news! Thanks Dog Pound offroad for the work you folks do to keep trails open, and open up new ones! Thats awesome!

Not sure where the Swamp Trail is. I remember about 8 years ago there was a section that was pure mud, is that the area you are refering to?

there is 2 ways to get there, 1. From the top of the hill off Gotcha, and 2 from the 9 road the new section is out the back side after the Swamp.