• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

New Trail

03 CON

maybe its not
So just when was the last time we were able to build a new trail? Not move a trail, or change a trail, a trail that is not a non known/not legal trail, but a new trail in an "orv" spot?
Discuss....

Some down in region 6 I cant think of the name offhand but the Deschutes co. 4 wheelers did (groundhog quarry?) The problem with "new" trails is getting past the paperwork to build them. "If" you can get a govt. agency to start the process the EA (enviromental assesment) takes as much as 5 years and can cost several hundred thousand dollars and thats before any work on the ground starts. All the more reason to protect what we have.

I believe they put in a completely new section in Tahuya a couple years ago. With DNR approval and support.

Joop might know more about it, as he's a lot more up on what goes on in Tahuya than I am. There are a couple of local clubs around here that do a pretty dang good job of work parties and trail improvements at Tahuya for the last several years.

There are new and legal trails at Reiter but if I told you where they were I would have to kill you....

Actually you could tell him and then kill yourself! Nobody ever thinks of that though. I wonder why?

Correct me if Im wrong, but with Reiter getting an ORV label sometime soon arent there new trails in the future?

All last summer. In Canada!!

:011: "...these are the best times of our life."

There are new and legal trails at Reiter but if I told you where they were I would have to kill you....

There's no such thing as a "new trail" @ Reiter.....if you talk to the bike/quad guys. They run our "new trails" for years before we do.....and then we R*PE THEM!!!

That's the truth.

:011: "...these are the best times of our life."

There's no such thing as a "new trail" @ Reiter.....if you talk to the bike/quad guys. They run our "new trails" for years before we do.....and then we R*PE THEM!!!

That's the truth.

you dont know about some of the trails then...

few years back we gotto build a new trail at walkervalley. when its wet its actually fairly difficult. summertime its a cakewalk:looser:

It's my understanding, if my old brain remembers any more, that the PNW4WDA got approval for a new ORV park on the Olympic Penninsula but has had trouble with finalizing the location because of local resistance. However I believe the DNR approved it.

The neighbors didn't want the redneck, hillbilly, "outlaw", renegades in their back yard. Nor did the want the increased revenue from people, eating, drinking and gassing up in their town I guess.

This is one where Jim might remember better than I. It was a project that Neil was working on.

Latest posts