• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

New Truck

Wildman1

Well today was an awesome day for me!! I traded in my 02 Ram 2500 on a 08 MegaCab DRW SXT with a 6speed manual tranny. I had been looking at a 08 Quad Cab but REALLY REALLY wanted a MegaCab. So before I did :booo: for the next 10 years I started looking around today. I found a MegaCab at a dealership about 100 miles from the house. Then was looking around some more and found a deal on one down in Alabama with a $12,000 discount. So I called my local dealership that had the truck. Was able to get them to match the discounts on the truck!! It is a Khaki color with Khaki cloth interior. SXT model that is pretty basic I would guess. It has a 6 speed manual transmission, 3.73 gears, dual rear wheels and best of all it is MINE MINE MINE!!!
Nice 100 mile drive home and it sure feels great to have a NEW NEW truck!! This is only my 3rd new vehicle in my life.

Can't wait to start doing some mods to it.

IMGP3233.jpg

IMGP3234.jpg

IMGP3232.jpg

IMGP3235.jpg

Went thru my first tank of fuel. Got 260 miles on it so far. Was about a half a tank and getting 12 MPG :eek: Which I guess will get better as it gets broke in and once I unhook the EGR.

I love the MegaCab Duelly. Gotta be the best looking truck for shure.

Also I would rocommend AGAINST modding it yet. I regret it. Unless you want to buy my BullyDog PMT, BADP Gen2 DFP Delete with Down Pipe, and ICE Box intake. Then I would definately Do it. BTW I have a 08 with the 6.7CTD.

I can't believe someone mentioned bullydog.. Don't ruin a good truck!

Very nice! I'd love to have a mega cab. Only way I'd own a new truck.

I'll order the 2.5" leveling kit for it tomorrow. :redneck:

I still need to settle up for parts on the old truck!!

List of mods to do:

1) Gooseneck hitch
2) Brake controller
3) Line X bed
4) Put on steps for short people (Cary & Karrlie)
5) Air bags
6) Maybe now start on the FUN mods-Power Add'r-Exhaust-Lift-CAI-Stereo

Nice truck Rick!!!:awesomework: I wouldn't expect much better mileage though:booo:--->maaaybe 2-3mpg at best.... Either way, Congrats!!!:cheer:

I still need to settle up for parts on the old truck!!

List of mods to do:

1) Gooseneck hitch
2) Brake controller
3) Line X bed
4) Put on steps for short people (Cary & Karrlie)
5) Air bags
6) Maybe now start on the FUN mods-Power Add'r-Exhaust-Lift-CAI-Stereo
Oh yea! I forgot about your outstanding bill. Can I charge you 38% interest like the credit card companies do? :haha:

I can help with all your mods for the new truck!

Only thing is the bed liner won't be called Line X. I think the politically correct name is Krylon "flat black". :haha:

nice rig Rick..... lookin like I won't be able to check it out this year in Moab as we are goin the first week of May.....

Nice truck Rick :awesomework: Is it yours , Hers or ours :haha:

Your such an :kissmyass: It is mine but she gets to drive it now and then.

nice rig Rick..... lookin like I won't be able to check it out this year in Moab as we are goin the first week of May.....

I am not going to Moab this year. With the Wheelers for the Wounded event going on I am too busy.

I still can't get used to the look of the new dually fenders... BUT, I think I could get over that if I had such a badass truck. Good score Rick. :D

it's a new truck, 12 isn't un-common. It will get better once you get some mileage on it. Plus adding a programmer will help even more-so. Hopefully they will release a smarty for it soon if they haven't already. Haven't kept up on that stuff like I normally do.

I love the MegaCab Duelly. Gotta be the best looking truck for shure.

Also I would rocommend AGAINST modding it yet. I regret it. Unless you want to buy my BullyDog PMT, BADP Gen2 DFP Delete with Down Pipe, and ICE Box intake. Then I would definately Do it. BTW I have a 08 with the 6.7CTD.

So explain why not to mod it yet? And did you put all that stuff on yours and now are taking it back off?

I still can't get used to the look of the new dually fenders... BUT, I think I could get over that if I had such a badass truck. Good score Rick. :D

Those fenders are Mega Cab only fenders and is one of the key features I liked about the MC. :awesomework: