• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

New Turbo RzR 1k

Neal3000

Yes! I am So fawking glad i haven't bought a rzr yet...

http://www.polaris.com/en-us/rzr-side-by-side/rzr-xp-turbo-eps-spectra-orange

http://www.southeastsxs.com/utvrr-utv-rally-raid/3476-2016-polaris-xp-turbo.html

http://www.rzrforums.net/rzr-xp-turbo/177663-post-pictures-xp-turbo-here.html

And they made some driveline upgrades

"To harness all that power and deliver it to the ground, the RZR XP Turbo EPS features a brand-new, fully-engineered and stronger driveline. The ultra-efficient driveline features an all-new, high performance PVT system with all-new clutching and drive belt; an all new stronger half – shafts; and High Performance True On-Demand All-Wheel Drive to distribute the massive 144 horsepower to the ground."

Read about this yesterday...my thoughts were sweet!

Then I realized we might now here open exhaust/turbo noise from all of them now on the trail.

Damn, I'm glad I haven't bought a 1,000 yet

Wonder what the pricing is on these

Abernathy's comes in at about 3k less than msrp on the regular 1k hoping that will be the case on the new turbo too!

If really be interested to know the extent of the upgrades. They are a lot stronger than the old 900xp, but guys are still blowin front diffs pretty regular. I run 32" roctanes on my 15 with no problems, but I don't beat on it either

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TBItoy said:
Are people having problems with the current 1k drivetrain?

With mods?

I guess the big question is it worth 4,000 more?

There are some issues with reverse chain, clutch, cv's not holding up

an aftermarket turbo kit is 5k, plus the fox podium's, clutch upgrade, front swaybar- to me it is worth the extra $$$ over a n/a 1k. That being said they are ALL ridiculously overpriced for what they are.

mtreeter said:
Has any noticed the the turbo model has 925cc where as the XP1000 has 999cc?

Regarding that, i read this on the rzr forum-

"If you watch the youtube videos, the whole point of going with the 925cc is for reliability. That allowed them to increase the crank pin diameter, which in turn decreased the stroke so they still had clearance in the crank case. Bore is the same as the xp1k. Not to mention all the upgrades to the valve train and changing the firing order so it is exhaust pulse..nothing..pulse..nothing instead of pulse..pulse...nothing..nothing...pulse..pulse which is better for turbine life. Then factor in the clutch, trans and driveline upgrades.. You're getting a lot for $5k compared to slapping on a $5k BD turbo + warranty. "

What if anything have they done to account for the exploding front differential?!? That is the main reason I didn't buy one.

GT_Buggy said:
What if anything have they done to account for the exploding front differential?!? That is the main reason I didn't buy one.

Can't make a diff that small hold up to big tires and that much HP, GOTTA know when to let off :dblthumb:

It took blowing up a front & rear diff and about $3,000 before I learned that :****:

Neal3000 said:
Don't land in the throttle :****:

Can't make the hill doing that! I know but still seems crazy that these are breaking with under 10 hours on the machines.

Also this was with stock tires and only a few minor upgrades.

It's got to be something to do with material defects I whooped the crap out of my dads several times and never broke anything! Driving with two feet using the brakes to preload the driveline seems to help? The 15' 1k have a plastic sprag while the older ones had metal ones.