• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Next Project?

smr4runner

Okay Guys,
I want to build a shafty and I'm wondering which axles you guys using to build a more scale like rig. TLT or TXT?

Also if the answer is the TLT1, is there more of an advantage to buying the Max Climber due to more parts you can use or will the Rock Buster suffice?

Thanks
Mike

Max Climber has bigger axle shafts at the neck down on the ball end, but is not worth buying over the Rock buster.

Go to Ultimate Hobbies and get the TLT and then order Max Climber axles from Tower. You will still be in under a $100.

Now if you want to build a big truck than yes go with TXT axles or Twin Force. There are some others but that is the 2 I like.

Dude said:
Max Climber has bigger axle shafts at the neck down on the ball end, but is not worth buying over the Rock buster.

Go to Ultimate Hobbies and get the TLT and then order Max Climber axles from Tower. You will still be in under a $100.

Now if you want to build a big truck than yes go with TXT axles or Twin Force. There are some others but that is the 2 I like.

Can you even get a base version of a TXT like you can the TLT? I agree get the rockbuster. If you blow a shaft you can get replacements for like $6 a pair thru towerhobbies that are the upgraded bigger shafts..

Once I get my camper issue resolved I am going to probably order another tlt so I can start my tuber :D

With a scale rig it really depends on the look your after. With TLT axles it will look like your normal midsize lifted. With TXT's under it, it will look like a toyota on unnarrowed 60's. Either way is ok but if you go with the TLT just go to ultimatehobbies.com and get the rockbuster. I would personally just run those axles till they break but have a set of maxx shafts from tower on hand. Make sure if you order the tlt to go to tower and get a spare housing it's like $4.

ManiacMagoo said:
With a scale rig it really depends on the look your after. With TLT axles it will look like your normal midsize lifted. With TXT's under it, it will look like a toyota on unnarrowed 60's. Either way is ok but if you go with the TLT just go to ultimatehobbies.com and get the rockbuster. I would personally just run those axles till they break but have a set of maxx shafts from tower on hand. Make sure if you order the tlt to go to tower and get a spare housing it's like $4.

exactly.. I have spare shafts and a housing :redneck:

I have a spare complete axle but I havent had an issue with the max shafts. The only thing I break are axle housing like crazy because I'm to lazy to reinforce a $4 part.

I bust the ears off all the time but then again my truck gets beat on pretty hard. I think I'm going to make some aluminum plates to go on my axles to prevent it maybe but the way I see it is atleast it is a cheap part breaking and takes maybe 10 minutes the longest to repair.

:flipoff: I'm not scared of anything with my R/C's . They like to try steep drops and on rare occasions actually make it :redneck:. Plus carnage is the fun part of it :cool:.

You will have fun with it. I just put my electronics back in mine and can't belive how much fun it is inside my house compared to my big rig. :redneck: