• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Next purchase, Beadlocks....

TacomaJD said:
Yup, the trail gear creeper locks are only $350 a piece. That's what was on my old rig, never had a problem out of them. Not sure what you are gonna use the buggy for, but I probably wouldn't fawk with double beadlocks if I didn't have to.

http://www.trail-gear.com/product/5355/creeper-lock-beadlock-wheels-8-x-170mm
I. Like those, not bad price. Buggy is gonna be angryfab chassis, 14 bolts front and rear. I mostly trail ride , can't afford to race

Dirt700 said:
I. Like those, not bad price. Buggy is gonna be angryfab chassis, 14 bolts front and rear. I mostly trail ride , can't afford to race

They'd be perfect for that. I never had a problem out of mine running 39 Reds and 8-10psi. Never pinched and cut a bead or anything like that.

Also consider Allied Steel beadlocks for a good looking black wheel that is even cheaper, $224 a piece.

http://www.alliedwheel.com/p-1526-rt81-rock-8-steel-beadlocks.aspx

For the money, I'd probably shoot for aluminum though, so as not to have to worry about steel wheels scratching then rusting. Although, if you don't just treat em like ****, they should look good for quite a long time. Most sets I've seen looked "used" but still looked good.

Well my top 2 picks are the kmc and atx, got to call next week on price.

On the kmc machete, there is 2 different ones I guess? The one that has a solid ring and the other has holes in the ring. The holes look like it would make the rings weak and catch on rocks more. If I get the ones with solid rings, looks like I will be painting them.

If found these and gave them a try when I was looking for Beadlocks last year.
AE Hardrock 25 17x10 with 4.5 BS Price was right at 950 delivered to my door.

Re: Re: Next purchase, Beadlocks....

sleepsontoilet said:
JHF Portal vs 20" Trail Ready

How are they holding up?

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Boomtacoma01 said:

Those are the same wheels TR sells for way more money it looks like. I tried to find a set like yours a while back and couldn't find the part #. Do you remember yours?

Also, how are those tires hooking once they get used a little?

Re: Re: Next purchase, Beadlocks....

lowbudgetjunk said:
How are they holding up?

This is Dave Wong's buggy, mine is still on jackstands. To my knowledge Jesse broke an RCV at old school rock crawling this weekend, but I know of no other JHF portal breakage.

Boomtacoma01 said:

I'm gonna check those out

Latest posts