• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Nitrogen Fill Station

L

lowbudgetjunk

Reading on Pirate, I have found a basic parts list to make my own set up. I just want to know where to spend a little money and where I can save.

The generic list is as follows:

20 CF tank
Regulator
Air Craft tire chuck
Hydro Hose
And the expense of filling the tank

I have heard people spending a buck fifty all the way up to four hundred plus. I know there are some racers and shops on this board that do this quite frequently. Any advice or help on where to source parts?

Get your regulator, gauge, and no-loss air chuck on amazon or ebay. Should be about $50 each for the reg and guage, $25 for the no-loss air chuck, 25-30 for a hydro-hose, and around $50 for a filled tank. I've got places here in Carrollton to get a filled bottle, and hydro hose if you have trouble finding them.

Is that 50 filled? Cheapest I found was closer to 80. I need to search around a little more.

Re: Re: Re: Nitrogen Fill Station

Neal3000 said:
Get your regulator, gauge, and no-loss air chuck on amazon or ebay. Should be about $50 each for the reg and guage, $25 for the no-loss air chuck, 25-30 for a hydro-hose, and around $50 for a filled tank. I've got places here in Carrollton to get a filled bottle, and hydro hose if you have trouble finding them.
X2. I added a seperate ball valve & gauge for the shock end so I could see shock pressures.

lowbudgetjunk said:
Is that 50 filled? Cheapest I found was closer to 80. I need to search around a little more.

Yeah, it might actuall have been a little less. that was for a filled small bottle, they said when i bring it back it will be $15 to exchange it iirc. Moore's Oxygen in Carrollton, GA

Dammit Kel my bad. Forgot U asked about that. FAWK. I suck. I paid out tha ass for my set up! Riding around town piecing it together. If u do start buyin parts make SURE u get a regulator that goes up high enough.. Don't even ask. I have around 250 or so Makin mine. After that it's super cheap. Wish u was closer U could get mine. Holler if Ya need anything buh.

If you piece stuff together, make sure the regulator goes to 450 at least and all the parts are rated for that pressure. I have had ORI shocks to 400 before.

zayne2427 said:
I got one if you need to borrow it kel

I may take you up on that Zayne. I need to get some seat time and do a little tuning on these air shocks. I think the seals are a little leaky, but that will get addressed when the shim stacks get changed out.

lowbudgetjunk said:
If you had to buy one again, would you go back with the same set up? Anything you really like or don't like about it?
I like it. I think its the same one Zayne has.

One thing I had to add to my setup that made things easier was a shut off valve between the regulator and the no loss chuck/gauge assembly. This way I can shut the valve, hook up the chuck to the shock and see where the pressure is set at before I go messing with things.

I made mine for around $150. Been very happy so far.

New 20CF tank off ebay $75
Used regulator off ebay $15
Aircraft tire chuck (no leak) $15
Hydro Hose from napa $35
Tank fill $15

Sub $160 Nitrogen fill setup

IMG_20140117_082002570.jpg