• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

nitrogen shock pressure gauge

Hellbilly

I'm looking for a pressure gauge and can't seem to find one that go's up to 500#. I already checked snap-on.com and local industrial supply store in the Everett area Any one have any idea's ? I'm going to try bilstein tomorrow to see if I can get a part number to order one from a local vendor I'd prefer to buy one locally seeing how I might need it this weekend.

tclong said:
I'm looking for a pressure gauge and can't seem to find one that go's up to 500#. I already checked snap-on.com and local industrial supply store in the Everett area Any one have any idea's ? I'm going to try bilstein tomorrow to see if I can get a part number to order one from a local vendor I'd prefer to buy one locally seeing how I might need it this weekend.

pacific welding supply

Part # for Bilstein's shock fill tool is 193000, aka "MST3000 Gas Filling Tool". List is $112.79, so if you find one cheaper let me know cause I'm in need of one too. You're looking for a filling tool correct, not just a high pressure guage? You can't "check" the pressure on gas shocks, only set it. Checking with a normal pressure guage relases a good portion of the pressure because of how small the gas volume is. These tools are different, they let you seal off the valve before you remove it from the stem. Top of page 21

Oh ya, why 500psi? Most shocks are around 200...

Thanks for the part# that helps

I'm only putting in about 200# but I now these shocks are rated for 500# if I'm not mistaken so I thougt if there rated for that I should at least be able to use it for up to the shock's rating

Last edited:
tclong said:
Thanks for the part# that helps

I only putting in about 200# but I now these shocks are rated for 500# if I'm not mistaken
These the fox shocks you're talking about in that other thread?

I'm not sure if they need to be rebuit or if the pressure is not set right that's why I'm going to buy the gauge to check

Leaf springs are way better than those peices of poo poo.:flipoff: :flipoff:

I'm kinda jealous my junk doesnt have a constant 15* gangster lean like yours. :haha:

If you want to talk about Poo Poo I can start a tread about the dip **** that fawkd up the grass at the shop today.:flipoff:

and it not in the lean it how you wear your pants

snwbrdpunk16 said:
Leaf springs are way better than those peices of poo poo.:flipoff: :flipoff:

I'm kinda jealous my junk doesnt have a constant 15* gangster lean like yours. :haha:

Looks like someone likes to pack the poo poo in his avatar :wtf:

tclong said:
If you want to talk about Poo Poo I can start a tread about the dip **** that fawkd up the grass at the shop today.:flipoff:

and it not in the lean it how you wear your pants

you're just jealous u did get to play on the bobcat all day and do wheelies in it. :flipoff:

We shoulda snapped some pictures of my sweet wheelies :haha:

roccrawler said:
Looks like someone likes to pack the poo poo in his avatar :wtf:

Cody's the biggest homophobe I ever meet he just likes to pose for the camera in homoerotic fashion's

tclong said:
I'm not sure if they need to be rebuit or if the pressure is not set right that's why I'm going to buy the gauge to check
Ah, I see.... mind if I borrow it? :flipoff:

fox struts are good to 300 psi, there is not a shock on the market that I know of being good to 500. Think about all the pressure, you fill them at full extension, so 300psi at full extension is probably 1200 at ride height, 500 would be pretty hard on a seal.

skrause said:
Ah, I see.... mind if I borrow it? :flipoff:

Yeah I think I can do that as soon as I'm done with it. I ordered the fox filler tool from off road outlet for $75.00 phone# 1(858)-565-7792

Last edited:
sears.com had some HVAC regulators that go up to 700psi or so. Thats the one I got. I got one that went that high so I could charge airshocks also as I heard some guys are doing up to 700psi.

I think it was in the $89????? range?

I dont use a fancy filler/bleeder tool. I just put my reg at 200psi and put the chuck on. I dont think that this way of doing it would be off more then 5 psi and there is almost no differnce in 5psi.

Erik D_lux said:
I dont use a fancy filler/bleeder tool. I just put my reg at 200psi and put the chuck on. I dont think that this way of doing it would be off more then 5 psi and there is almost no differnce in 5psi.
I know for a fact that it does make a huge difference on the 5th element rear shock I have on my mountain bike. You can't fill that thing with a normal chuck, but it's res is sooooooo tiny... :flipoff:

Any plumbing supply bussiness should have gauges up to at leats 300# and referigeration supply shops should have them that go way higher. Then you just need a good quality air chuck to put on it.