• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

No Power to Motor

smr4runner

Ok guys.
During comp I noticed the axle stall was pretty severe during the third stage.
Well after recieving my replacement parts and installing it last night I took it for a test run today. I noticed when climbing a couple of steps which require very little torque , the stall was still severe. So I lifted the rig and pressed the trigger only to find that the rear motor was sparatically recieving power. So back on the workbench to test the rear motor. I did disconnect the leads to the front so all the juice goes to the rear. Low and behold I was still getting sparatic power to the motor. While I continued the test using low AA batteries the motor finally died. Yes I tried another good power source with no success.

So the question is what could have happened to the motor. All connections are still intact and I don't see any short in the wires.
I have a couple spare Integy 55T's but would like to troubleshoot what the problem may be.

Any motor guru's (Torry, Doug, anybody) chime in.:mad:

Mike

Yea. Deans plugs throughout.
Not sure how to open the can all the way as the brushes get stuck by an internal metal plate type thingy-mik-bob. But opened a quarter way the brushes seem clean. Damn this bugs the hell outta me.

first, if you look, the brush springs are easy to remove. Remove the springs and pull the brushes out. Then the end bell will come of easy. You will be able to tell if the com is burnt or just dirty. It might be just that, you need to clean the armature. That is as easy as buying a "com stick" and just remove the brushes and stick the cleaning stick in there and put some pressure on it with your finger and spin the motor by hand until the com is nice and shiny.

The other thing it could be is you have the brushes hanging up in the brush holders. Just pull on the wire going to your brushes a little and let it snap down on the com.

the third thing it could be is that your brushes are wore down too short and have hit the limit on the length of the brush wire.

If the motor need rebuilt I can do it, I have a com lathe with a diamond bit.

Dude said:
first, if you look, the brush springs are easy to remove. Remove the springs and pull the brushes out. Then the end bell will come of easy. You will be able to tell if the com is burnt or just dirty. It might be just that, you need to clean the armature. That is as easy as buying a "com stick" and just remove the brushes and stick the cleaning stick in there and put some pressure on it with your finger and spin the motor by hand until the com is nice and shiny.

The other thing it could be is you have the brushes hanging up in the brush holders. Just pull on the wire going to your brushes a little and let it snap down on the com.

the third thing it could be is that your brushes are wore down too short and have hit the limit on the length of the brush wire.

If the motor need rebuilt I can do it, I have a com lathe with a diamond bit.

You have every machine don't you.

It is kind of funny to see someone who is hardcore into the RC hobby. I know how it can be:D When I raced every friday night I had three rubbermaid containers of crap to haul around. You had to get there early just to get a big enough spot for all of your junk. I think at the most I ever raced were three classes at one time. It was a kick in the pants now the local track moved to a crappy location.

VMGontheRocks said:
Did you race on-road or off-road?

that was touring cars when I would turn a motor between races. It is very feirce compitition and spendy if you want the win. I loved it until it got too big and the whiners and hackers started showing up in droves.:rolleyes:

I also raced off road truck, stock class.

Last edited:
Dude said:
that was touring cars when I would turn a motor between races. It is very feirce compitition and spendy if you want the win. I loved it until it got too big and the whiners and hackers started showing up in droves.:rolleyes:

I also raced off road truck, stock class.
Was it with Redmond Hobbies?