• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

No sleep till' Moab

NAC25 said:
Sorry to post a 'dumb' question in your build thread, but it's an issue I am running into now with some work I'm doing on my junker. I've hit a brick wall... :mad:

I notice on the rear end, your shocks have very little compression left in them, my truck is leaf sprung all around and my front end has lots more droop then compression. So is it 'OK' (read: not going to bust up my shocks) to run them the way you are to allow for more droop and less compression? I know if I do that, it might be best to run a bump-stop to keep from bottoming out the shock, but I didn't see any on yours. Just hoping to steal some ideas from ya, rather then make a mistake and try and re-do it over and over till I learn from it.

edit: oh and I've looked for longer shocks but I am running the longest ES9000's I could find on the market. I think they have just under 14.5" travel.

nice build btw... :cool:

Sam built the rearend nearly the same way on mine with the same basic parts and it seems to not limit that much. In fact, he may have even purposely lowered his upper mount so that he didn't flex up as much just because of the extra cutting that will be required on mine...

dscn4612ps0.jpg

dscn4613vm3.jpg

Actually those shocks are comming off. They are way to long. They came on it and had 7 plus inches of up travel before I lowered it. I have another set to put on there that are much shorter. I like to rally way to much not to have a bunch of up travel.

Lincolnlock said:
Actually those shocks are comming off. They are way to long. They came on it and had 7 plus inches of up travel before I lowered it. I have another set to put on there that are much shorter. I like to rally way to much not to have a bunch of up travel.

What are the specs on those? Measurements eye to eye when extended and compressed?

I don't know what the shocks measure. They are like 15 inch travel. So 35 or 36" extended. I took them off last night and put on some 12's. Yes I addressed the shifter. I can slam it from drive to reverse without having to anything but throw it forward. I drove it around last night a little and started building a skid plate for it. I should have most of it ready for the shake down run on saturday.

Yeah it wheeled this weekend. I'm going to order some 42's today for it. Other than the 14 bolt hitting everything. I have no idea how to drive it yet but... that doesn't keep me from trying.

Lincolnlock said:
Yeah it wheeled this weekend. I'm going to order some 42's today for it. Other than the 14 bolt hitting everything. I have no idea how to drive it yet but... that doesn't keep me from trying.

Awesome!

Did you happen to take any pictures of it while out wheelin?

Nope, no pictures. There is no roof on it yet so I left the camera in the truck so it wouldn't get wet. The weather was crappy all freakin' day.

Not real sure about the asking price. I took the hydraulic steering off. But everything else is there. I'll probably ask about $6000. I can't decide on weather to keep the hs9500 on the YJ or swap it with the 8274 on the CJ.... hmmmm.....

Not real sure about the asking price. I took the hydraulic steering off. But everything else is there. I'll probably ask about $6000. I can't decide on weather to keep the hs9500 on the YJ or swap it with the 8274 on the CJ.... hmmmm.....

Would you consider selling the one you don't use for the CJ seperately, or are you gonna want to sell the YJ with winch?