• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Noob questions

KarlVP

Love that TOYOTA
I was looking into getting my first RC truck.

What would be better to do: buy a ready to run truck or a kit?

I was looking at the HPI savage trucks. A friend of mine has one and it hauls ass.

A savage is a killer truck, you would be happy with it. It will not be a crawler but fun as hell for the big air and speed. A really tough truck, and save your self some bucks and try and find a good used one. There are people out there that have these and didn't use them much, eBay is your friend. Or if you don't trust anybody just get a new one.

As far as a kit, you would learn how it goes together in a hurry. Even if it is a rtr you still get a instruction sheet usually

If you want a savage let me know and I can hook you up with someone who makes alot of aftermarket parts for it. His stuff comes with a lifetime warranty and if you talk to him he can build you a fully built truck for around the price of a stock one. You just skip waisting alot of money upgrading and building it yourself but it comes with all the little tricks to make it better that alot dont know about. I'm sure if you wanted to assemble it yourself he would work with you aswell.

KarlVP said:
I was looking into getting my first RC truck.

What would be better to do: buy a ready to run truck or a kit?

I was looking at the HPI savage trucks. A friend of mine has one and it hauls ass.

YOu wanna go fast or slow?

If you want to bash you wont be able to beat the savage. The tmaxx is ok and can be great if you dump alot of aftermarket into it but it is a dated truck. The revo is fast but best suited for the track.

ManiacMagoo said:
If you want to bash you wont be able to beat the savage. The tmaxx is ok and can be great if you dump alot of aftermarket into it but it is a dated truck. The revo is fast but best suited for the track.
True the T-Maxx does need a lot of aftermarket parts. The only damn thing stock on mine is the tranny. Go into your local hobby shop and see if they carry parts for the T-Maxx, Savage or both.

I do have to say I spent alot more money into parts for my T-Maxx compared to my new Monster Gt. I had alot of trouble with the steering arms. One good hit and thats it. but as far as having a smaller motor the thing really did hall butt, and handled really good.

Last edited:
From what I have been reading, it says the savages are more for high speed off road and racing, and the T-maxx's are for bashing.

ManiacMagoo said:
If you want to bash you wont be able to beat the savage.
:haha: :haha: :haha: what world do you life in?? The Savage is the king of bashers, The T Maxx is the weak child.

ManiacMagoo said:
to be the savage :looser:.
to be the Savage?? :haha: no, I am not one with the Savage. :haha: :kiss:

sorry it's been a long day for both of us it seems. :haha: :hi: