• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

nothing fancy

crapyota

so here it goes. it was one year ago this monthy i was at my buddies carlot helping another freind get his first 5.0 mustang when i looked over and saw the 4runner. my first thought was my sisters bf would hate me if i came home with it(he has one he bought for wheelin and has been out twice in a year). so i signed the papers and brought it home(just made my final payment last week) this is my first 4x4 so i didnt know any better so over the year it has seen its ups and downs and been on its side too! it already had 5.29 gears a lcoker in the back and some bald 35 goodyears. the first change was tires 35/14.5/15 boggers. added some sliders and then finaly this last month did a SAS. 83 toy axle,mixed up pack of 85 toy rear springs,f-250 shock towers we made the rest. also have warn 8274 not on yet. went today and got gears and shocks let me know what you all think. im hoping it can come out and play on the trails with some of you soon.
crapyota088.jpg

now it does stuff like this
new023.jpg

new026.jpg

new031.jpg

Last edited:
Sweet rig. One day I want to build a Toyota, once I get over my Jeep obsession. :)

The only thing that would bug me about your rig is how far out/down the rock sliders sit... or maybe it's just an optical illusion... seems like they would get hung up on stuff a lot?

yeah the sliders stick out a little more then i like but hey it was the first set i ever had input on building and they actualy work well. they have came down hard on stuff and not even a dent. the pic does make them look huge but, they realy havnt hung me up yet im sure it will happen. thanks for coment. so onto the new stuff i just got home from HIPs shop and look what we did tonight.
still001.jpg

still022.jpg

i think i might get another stock link for now and sleeve it. will this last for awhile? im still not working,so money is a major issue for me right now.

crash how much would it cost to make up some steering for this? or should i look around for someone selling a hy-steer?

crapyota said:
i think i might get another stock link for now and sleeve it. will this last for awhile? im still not working,so money is a major issue for me right now.

crash how much would it cost to make up some steering for this? or should i look around for someone selling a hy-steer?

Go with a packaged deal --full hysteer. You wn't be able to do it any cheaper and you will end up with a system that operates/holds up very well.. Marlins/sky's (but not all poop :redneck: )

trail gear has the best deal on high steer. $379 shipped to your door. just ignore all the drama floating around about them. beat runners are the ****! my high steer got to me in 3 days time. oh and brace the backside of your ford towers. all of the load is upward. sure side bracing helps a little with keeping the tower where you want it, but a piece of tube on the backside welded to a diamond gusset on the frame will make them perfect.

Last edited:
thanks for the feed back guys! this place sure is:super: . no :smartass: remarks like some other places.. i am currently saving for the hy-steer. i've got $50 saved and will be putting a little away every week so hopefully i will be able to post some new pics soon of the yota doing its duty!!! untill then some of these cool smilies.:gun_bandana: :vampire: :pray: :money:

Not to bash anybody, but allpro is CRAP. I ordered my kit from them and after they sent me 3 missed machined parts, I cancled my order and am just going to buy the marlin or the Sky kit. They take no pride in there work, and gave me no real excuse why they screwed up. There bumpers are cool though.

yea im gonna stay away from all poo. i personaly saw two sets of steering arms that had broke off inside the knuckle and that looks like it would suck on the trail. the guy that had them in his garage said that they didnt warrenty them either:wtf: im aiming for the marlin kit he seems to stand behind his product well. and when i can save up again(hopefully i get a job soon) im gonna buy some longfeilds since that guy seems to be darn good about his products also!!!! thanks for the input though keep it coming.

here's a little project i started on sunday. im sure some have seen the pics of my ultra huge:rb: bumper.
7d757a70.jpg

so i took it and cut it up. cutting out middle support, and plate. i'm taking 5 1/2" out of remaining supports. gonna bring it in and tight
winch4-23016.jpg

all this so i can mount up this.
winch4-23014.jpg

i do have new cable and roller fairlead to put on. winch works good just a little dirty. now im on my way to self recovery gonna give everyone else's winch's a break for awhile

heres some pics of my winch mounted. i still have to put my cable on it and run power.
walker4-30003.jpg

walker4-30004.jpg

and a shot of some action from walker on sunday 4-30. would post more but dial up sucks and im not patient.
walker4-30015.jpg