• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Offical core challenge 2010 aftermath thread

Let me know when you want to adjust the shocks I have everything you need to get the job done!

Ok cool, I noticed that they seem a little mushy too.. If you come down on them they bottom out easy.. I was watching James and Jeff jumping there rigs with the same shocks and they dont even bottom out so I was hopping to stiff mine up a bit too. I will get back to you soon. Thanks. Where are you located?

Ok cool, I noticed that they seem a little mushy too.. If you come down on them they bottom out easy.. I was watching James and Jeff jumping there rigs with the same shocks and they dont even bottom out so I was hopping to stiff mine up a bit too. I will get back to you soon. Thanks. Where are you located?

I'm in Arlington!

Had a bast was deff a good time my Dana 30 is screaming but no breakage! Thanx again to everyone involved to help put this event on!

Congrats on the placings Nike... good job.:awesomework: Thinking about your poor drivetrain and the way you drive it makes me hurt. :beer:

Went to watch and had a good time:awesomework:. Damn camera busted and got like four pics:mad: I hope to be able to enter next time. Seeing that yellow yota jump and roll was cool. Looked like the pitbull buggie busted? Drove off the short run in front left drive:eeek:. I think this should happen twice a year:awesomework:

I have KING 2" struts and james has (IIRC) Fox 2.5" struts.

I never(@ CORE) bottomed my shocks out or really got into my bumps hard. I run 230psi in the front with 5" of shaft showing and 220psi in the rear with 6" of shaft showing. All shocks are "full" of oil....meaning with ALL the nitrogen out of the shock and the shaft FULLY compressed into the shock body...the oil level is @ the schraeder valve.

My roof is @ 5'9" and the belly @ 19"

It doesn't look like you have a sway bar in the rear so that is going to effect your nitrogen pressure. you have a 4.3 and I have a 5.0 but the weight is almost the same........there are a ton of variables but this should give you a ball park place to start

Nice!!........Although I noticed you weren't as dirty as Nate.....did you spot him through the mud like a true wingman:D

Nice!!........Although I noticed you weren't as dirty as Nate.....did you spot him through the mud like a true wingman:D

Yes I did spot him though the mud from the end of the track.:redneck: It was decided I should not ride to shave the weight so he could run a faster time in the mud

Its all about strategy

I thought it was all in the spotting?:fawkdancesmiley:

No it's all in the....

bush_strategery.jpg

:fawkdancesmiley:

Was a great time guys! Thanks again to EVERYONE involved in making this happen. Ended up first in hybrid rocks and obstacle, and then overall "big dog". I hated going in the mud but after good runs in obstacle and rocks (and beating 2nd place by TWO minutes), I felt I had to go for the overall.

This was my first CORE event, I've always had something else interfering. Everything seemed to "flow" well, always something for the spectators to watch. The rock course would have been cool if it was a little longer, but overall was great. X2 on making a end of summer event, that'd be awesome!

My carnage? A 30amp fan fuse. Noticed it running warm after 2 or 3 shots at the tabletop jump, radiator and fan were caked full of mud and blew the fuse. :haha:

Thanks again!

John

29065_121604021207798_115566888478178_153670_2557099_n.jpg

29305_396968199218_134663499218_4158826_7819215_n.jpg

31109_1434133300750_1455464222_1124152_3160845_n.jpg

Nate.......did you win the buggy overall?......never heard

1st in the obstacle
3rd in rocks
and 1st overall
just finished cleaning all the mud out my car today

it was worth it
it was worth it