• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Official Guns And Shooting Thread

Gunsmith??

Have a shotgun my dad gave me that needs a fix, any recommendations on where to take it, it's an old winchester 16 gauge

My dad is a gunsmith, 50 years experience. He's in Shelton, I'm in Port Orchard / Gig Harbor area.

If you want him to fix it, he'll do a good job, for a reasonable price, however you won't get it back until after Modern Firearm Elk season is over. Too much work.

My dad is a gunsmith, 50 years experience. He's in Shelton, I'm in Port Orchard / Gig Harbor area.

If you want him to fix it, he'll do a good job, for a reasonable price, however you won't get it back until after Modern Firearm Elk season is over. Too much work.

that's a little far, but will keep him in mind if I can't find anything closer

my everyday carry Springfield Armory XD 4" Service model with a houge slip on grip.

287660359941.jpg

Taurus Model 85 .38spl w/2" barrel that i just bought my mom for her birthday...

291117832197.jpg

291117997317.jpg

he do any engraving or custom work?? he have a site???

he do any engraving or custom work?? he have a site???

He has a full (albeit small) shop in Shelton. He doesn't do the internet. With 50 years of business, he stays busy with word of mouth.

He does all the normal stuff, including bluing. He also does custom rifle stocks, but not checkering or engraving. If you want it parkerized, he can send it out.

He has a full (albeit small) shop in Shelton. He doesn't do the internet. With 50 years of business, he stays busy with word of mouth.

He does all the normal stuff, including bluing. He also does custom rifle stocks, but not checkering or engraving. If you want it parkerized, he can send it out.

Hmm.. I may get some contact info from ya later.. I have an old Single shot bolt action .22 from the 30's that would be awesome with a custom stock

LOL first of all,you are weird.. something with sentimental is alot different then just a random gun i found in a pawn shop...

and second of all you said he was very reasonable, I have priced out what i want before and $500 is what i was quoted from one shop, and well under that I was quoted at another....

LOL first of all,you are weird.. something with sentimental is alot different then just a random gun i found in a pawn shop...

and second of all you said he was very reasonable, I have priced out what i want before and $500 is what i was quoted from one shop, and well under that I was quoted at another....

Actually, no I didn't.
The question was posed about a repair. I answered 'reasonable'. Then you inquired about 'custom'. Custom work is just that. Dad's got some blanks of fiddle-back maple that would send a guitar-maker into gran-mal siezures (sp). You get what you pay for in custom stock work.

So I'm taking my weirdness and going hunting. Hope you do the same. If after you kill your deer and elk you decide you'd like to see some of my dad's work I'll send you a pic of my 'carry' rifle and you can be the judge.

i dono about his..but my M67 is worth a hell of alot more than $50.

but yeh, either way, it wouldnt be getting a $700 stock.

The winchester is worth $100 for a tired one, and upwards of twice that for a nice, used rifle. They were made for decades, and are a lot of boy's first rifle. Keep it, enjoy it, pass it down the generations.

In the 20s, 30s etc, you could buy rifles from multiple of makers including Sears. Plus lots of other no-name manufacturers. These rifles are essentially worthless, other than as keepsakes, hence my $20 / $50 retort.

Actually, no I didn't.
The question was posed about a repair. I answered 'reasonable'. Then you inquired about 'custom'. Custom work is just that. Dad's got some blanks of fiddle-back maple that would send a guitar-maker into gran-mal siezures (sp). You get what you pay for in custom stock work.

So I'm taking my weirdness and going hunting. Hope you do the same. If after you kill your deer and elk you decide you'd like to see some of my dad's work I'll send you a pic of my 'carry' rifle and you can be the judge.

:awesomework:

We took 5-10 loads of fiddleback or "Curly Maple" a few years ago and the guy said it was some of the nicest hes seen in this area and possibly the state. we told him a price and he didnt hesitate.. we made good money, he made better money buy selling it by the block.. and that trickels down to the instrument,clock and gunsmiths making the biiig money

:awesomework:

Latest posts