• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Offshore deckhand needed

EddieHall

I'll be looking for a deckhand in 2 weeks , you'll live work on a boat we come to port every Wed, our job is gravy all the deep sea fishing you could very want, just bring ur rod. Not a bait caster .we stay offshore 28 on 14 off or 14 on 7 off. pays not great do to oil prices $125.00 a day twic card needed or applied for is good enough.I figured if I could help someone on here rather then just anybody .. we hail out of Venice La. 90 mins. South of the superdome. Let me know if your interested
AND MUST BE ABLE TO PASS A DRUG SCREEN....
An a BS physical

This industrie is hard to get in especially now but you'll be in

Eddie 850 382 4209

Man wish I could jump on this. Awesome for you to offer to someone on here

I'm totally ignorant of ocean work, but I thought that type of work paid better than that, does it go up quickly once u get on or is that where it stays for a time? I'm not looking for a job, just curious, so you can feed me a line of BS and I won't be mad.....lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was good b4 Obama,yes there is still money to be made but ,100k ppl looking for only 100 spots. Its hard to get out here now . Our pay scale reflects the price of oil ! my pay alone has been cut in half within 3 yrs.but when it comes back you will have sea time to get a AB class is around 2500 and pays 300 a day or QMED class 3000 which is a engineer almost pays 250-300 a day. AB is the best to have there required on OSV's and QMEDS are not required by USCG,ABS or get your captains license which is stressful as hell so there you go

stano said:
I'm totally ignorant of ocean work, but I thought that type of work paid better than that, does it go up quickly once u get on or is that where it stays for a time? I'm not looking for a job, just curious, so you can feed me a line of BS and I won't be mad.....lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It just depends, but most companies have had to have price concessions due to big oil cutting back. I'm blessed that our owner cut rates but not salaries, we just haven't gotten a raise in a few years. I've been in it for over 18 years, and haven't missed a meal or check yet. It seems like it's slowly coming around.