• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

oil filters

redneckengineered said:
Good luck finding those anymore. It's my understanding once the stock is out you will now only be seeing PF46E which is some environmentally friendly version and we all know what that means. Maybe I'm wrong but last time I was looking that was all that was on the shelf. So, I just run the Wix now.

think I'm going the wix route too

I'm running a Mobil 1 filter because O'Reilly's had a special running on 5 qt Mobil 1 oil & filter that made it so the filter was free. Any opinions on the mobil 1 filter?

I used to run ac delco, but lately I buy Napa gold. Supposed to be Wix so I was told. But my experience is old school Sbc/Bbc

Wix was recently bought out by a German company called Mann+Hummel. I get my filters from a filter distributor in town called TN Filter Sales. The owner told me Wix was evidently in some pretty serious debt and thus was recently bought by Mann Hummel. He said he thinks it's a good thing bc Mann makes outstanding filter products. He said he believes the Mann filters will be superior to Wix because of their quality of craftsmanship.

Did a quick google search and found this..

Mann+Hummel Germany Buys Wix Filters

The Mann & Hummel Group based in Ludwisburg, Germany have announced that they will acquire the global filtration operations of Affinia Group, the manufacturer of Wix Filters and Filtron Filters (but not the Affinia South America ("ASA") division). The transaction is subject to customary regulatory approvals. The two businesses plan to continue to operate separately for the foreseeable future. Full terms of the deal have not been disclosed. Affinia's filtration business, Wix Filters specializes in aftermarket oil, fuel, air, hydraulic, and coolant filters. Mann+Hummel is a privately-held global filtration operation offering filtration solutions to original equipment and aftermarket customers in both the automotive and industrial markets. It is expected that both two companies will bring together the best of on-road, off-road and industrial filtration solutions. The acquisition will give Mann+Hummel access to market segments such as US heavy duty and hydraulic filtration…

The Fram bashing is well deserved. I had one collapse on me 2 weeks ago. Ended up replacing all 16 lifters after that. Had a friend bring me a new filter to the Park so I didn't have to drive it back to the trailer with little to no oil pressure. :-\

redneckengineered said:
Good luck finding those anymore. It's my understanding once the stock is out you will now only be seeing PF46E which is some environmentally friendly version and we all know what that means. Maybe I'm wrong but last time I was looking that was all that was on the shelf. So, I just run the Wix now.

I bought two more PF61's last week. They keep restocking them at my store. :dunno: