03 CON

maybe its not
PNW4WDA Summer Convention
August 13-15, 2010
at Ethel, WA

Sweeeeeeet!:cheer:
If I was good at linking stuff I would, but I am not so I wont!!:haha:

I think Rick bought a heep hood for this race!:awesomework:

Watch it, or I might start my rig before they throw the green flag this time!!:cheer:

:haha:

Here you go. Jeeze and you call yourself a engineer :haha:

Attachments

• SC 2010 flyer[1].pdf
    304.5 KB · Views: 57
Here you go. Jeeze and you call yourself a engineer :haha:

Like the way I engineered a way to have you do it for me?:fawkdancesmiley:
What took you so long, people were waiting!!!:cheer:

Like the way I engineered a way to have you do it for me?:fawkdancesmiley:
What took you so long, people were waiting!!!:cheer:

Damn flagger wouldnt let me pass. something about abunch of engineers standing in the road drinking coffie or such.

$75 for the "family" for the 3-days....

what if your flying solo and just want to come down for (1) day of racing??? (i.e. no camping) $75 or $81 is pretty steep for that.

Anybody know?

Typically it cost the same to race one day as all weekend. It's priced to be a familly event, it's up to you if you want to bring the whole familly.:cheer:

$75 for the "family" for the 3-days....

what if your flying solo and just want to come down for (1) day of racing??? (i.e. no camping) $75 or $81 is pretty steep for that.

Anybody know?

If you want to come and race just for the day, cost is $30.00.

so what are the different classes about?

Barrels is barrel racing?

obstacle is ?

cross country is ???

what classes are you all running and what tires??

So Binder you staying for the weekend? Want me to try and have Vicki save you a spot close by?:hi:
Same Questions to you Pat...:corn:

So Binder you staying for the weekend? Want me to try and have Vicki save you a spot close by?:hi:
Same Questions to you Pat...:corn:

Yes we're camping, save us a spot if you're there first. My brother in laws familly are going to camp with their trailer and spectate too.
We all plan to get there during the day Friday.:awesomework:

obstacle is ?

cross country is ???

what classes are you all running and what tires??

For a real fast breakdown, there are street legal rigs called street and trail, there are non street legal rigs that are broken down by wheelbase and # of cyl.
So like a 106 or longer with a v-8 is a long 8
A 94 inch v-6 is a medium 6
There are short, med. and long 4,6,8
Barrels are just like the horse barrels, obstacle and cross country are both short course races.
Tires dont come into play with the classes at all.
Binder for an example runs in the long 8 class, I run in street and trail...
The long 8 is probably the most competitive class out there right now, but that kinda changes by the year.
There is more, but that is the quick down and dirty!!:awesomework:

Yes we're camping, save us a spot if you're there first. My brother in laws familly are going to camp with their trailer and spectate too.
We all plan to get there during the day Friday.:awesomework:

OK, I think Vicki is heading down on Thursday night, or at least the last time we talked she was.:haha:
I don't know if I will get back on Thursday or Friday, so that will determine it for me, but I will send her an email and try to save a couple spots for you and your family.
It will be her first time to really take my truck and trailer out of the freeway, but she did drive it to Chehalis so...
I will try to get her to throw the big generator in as well so we could run a small city if need be... lol

The classes are based on wheel base and number of cylinders. There is a street and trail class and a two wheel drive class I believe for dune buggies.

It's just like horse barrel racing only on 4 (hopefully) wheels and the pattern is slightly different.

obstacle is ?
Obstacles is a obstacle course set up with barrels to outline the course. It's based on going fast so no "climbs" or log- rocks- anything like that. There are a couple bumps where you can catch good air. It's set up to go FAST!

cross country is ?
Cross country is just like obstacles only longer. At some venues cross country will go basically on a trail through the woods but at Ethel everything is consolidated to the same general area as far as I know.

what classes are you all running and what tires?
Run what ya brung!..My rig is in long wheel base V-8 class and I'll bring my 31" tires. I've done this several times with 39" crawlers and had a great time then too.....
Now I must point out that this is the big race of the year and for this race tech requirements are fairly strict.....Most races you could get most any rig in so long as it's basicly safe. For this race many people take it a bit more serious and the tech is followed much closer. I bring this up because I would hate for anyone to bring their rig down to race and not be able to pass tech. Stan I know your rig is built well and would PROBABLY pass tech fine. Just saying.
This is a familly oriented event and environment. Lots of good people!:cheer: