• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

OK another race!!!

Binder, your box is all stanky, but I will pass it on!
I think she will do ok...

If you want to come and race just for the day, cost is $30.00.

:awesomework: thats better.

:cool: So mark, you gona be there?

You never know. Crappy part is the very next weekend I'm going to be in Centralia/Chehalis for a funeral for an uncle :(. If they were the same weekend we could double up.

Ya, sure, sounds a little cold, but I have cool uncles, one of them even scolded me for missing a race to go to his birthday :haha:.. good thing I had the "rigs broke" excuse to get out of that :booo:

Hey Dianamal, how strict are they going to be on the rules? The rig I would be brings down would be on the boarder line between street-and-trail and race. No tranny scatter shield, role cage not really bolted to the frame as much as I'd like it to (but has serviced a couple rolls). Mud flaps??

I've had no tech issues on other races before, but it looks worse today then back then. Plus as Rick said, it would suck to trailer all they way done and not pass tech for something stupid or that I was going to redo anyway but haven't got to.

Any idea?

Mark,

To qualify to run in Street and Trail your rig must have current license and registration, 2 DOT approved functional headlights, 1 functional tail light/brake light, and a horn. It must be street legal, able to race and then drive on the highway.

Mud flaps are required for team relay only.

If you have an automatic transmission or Street and Trail vehicle, scattershield isn't required.

Roll cage needs to be made out of 1 5/8" OD tubing with a minimum 0.090 wall thickness. There are additional mounting plate requirements.

Summer Convention is the only race when the PNW Safety rules are required.

I suggest calling Rob (PNW4WDA comp chair) at 253-691-4351 with the specifics of your rig. Some rules are more flexible than others.

Diana,

Is this the most current PNW rulebook?

pages1-2.jpg

pages3-4.jpg

pages5-6.jpg

pages7-8.jpg

pages9-10.jpg

For a real fast breakdown, there are street legal rigs called street and trail, there are non street legal rigs that are broken down by wheelbase and # of cyl.
So like a 106 or longer with a v-8 is a long 8
A 94 inch v-6 is a medium 6
There are short, med. and long 4,6,8
Barrels are just like the horse barrels, obstacle and cross country are both short course races.
Tires dont come into play with the classes at all.
Binder for an example runs in the long 8 class, I run in street and trail...
The long 8 is probably the most competitive class out there right now, but that kinda changes by the year.
There is more, but that is the quick down and dirty!!:awesomework:

Soooo, would a Sami be classified as a minishort4???:D

Soooo, would a Sami be classified as a minishort4???:D

We have had a couple of them race in the short 4, and just for the recourd none of the owners have been above 5'5".....:haha:

No really, short 4 used to be a big class, now it is probably one of the smallest, but they can whip on the big boys with good driving.:cool:
The crowds love that stuff!

please see post #23

Only kinda, he has a bronco, it has doors and a non removable top, he can run street and trail without a cage as per the current rules. After all it is a ford, they cant go fast anyway, and without a cage they are lighter to tow off the course. :redneck: :haha:

Pat, you gunna play? You want a spot saved for ya?:;

I meant, he should call Rob should he have further questions. It would be a shame to get there and then not be able to race.

See you there!

I meant, he should call Rob should he have further questions. It would be a shame to get there and then not be able to race.

See you there!

I say we all call Rob today, I think he is feeling kinda lonely today!!
Besides, it would be funny!:awesomework:

As far as him not being able to race, all he has is a ford, that part goes without saying...:haha:

Love ya Pat! (in a manly kind of way):fawkdancesmiley::haha:

No, I have other plans that weekend. It seems everybody planned activites that weekend.

Thats to bad, now I got to go back to giving Binder and Rob crap!:booo:
Hope you make it out to one Pat, seemed like you had a good time last year, you would enjoy yours even more.:awesomework: