• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

OK got a lil mold problem...

TooRisky

The inside of one of my rigs has started to get a little mold on the headliner, seat bealts ect....how do I get rid of this without destroying or tearing apart the insides....

Mold needs moisture to grow. Take away the moisture, take away the future mold. Dri-Z-air is about $10 for the starter kit, and about $1 each pack at Home Depot (you WILL pay more at Wal-Mart for it), or just buy the starter kit and some regular (non-salt) side walk de-icer, it is the same stuff and a lot cheaper.

To kill already present moisture, water with a little bit of elbow grease and bleach should work. In carpet, you will probably have to tear it out and replace it as the padding underneath holds onto moisture quite well...

Mine use to do the same thing, now I go start it during the week and let it run for an hour or so with the heater on full, or until everything is dry, but that's what we get for living in the NW. :redneck:

Ive had so many rigs do this, especialy if you have 5 or more rigs to keep driven. About a week in the saddle and it will all dissapear. Like Jaydog said the mold will stay away if driven and warmed up thourghly a couple times a week. Im pretty lazy and dont touch it with cleaner/chemicals and it just dissapears like magic!:awesomework:

Its usually the worst on the seatbelts and steering wheel. :puke:

mix little bleach with water and that will kill the mold....then keep dry and the Driz-z-air stuff..then drink beer and wheel more.:beer:

My wagon had some pretty nasty mold in it when I got it.. Hell it had moss on the floor from a leaky windshield too... Clorox wipes and a bit of scrubbing on the carpet took care of it.

Simple Green will clean up the mold you have. And like already said, Dri-Z-Air works great! I get mine at Fred Meyer's.

Latest posts