• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Old Warn M8000 Problems

It's a DC motor. Stick 12v on one of the motor terminals and see if it moves. If it does thend motor is good. Soleniods are just a relay of power. You send power to them from your controller and it closes one of the soleniod which sends power to the motor. All simple 12VDC stuff.

I tried jumping the motor as described (I think...):

* Winch ground wire from the ground lug on the motor case to the negative battery terminal
* 4ga jumper wire from A lug to F1 lug on motor
* Automotive jumper cables, pos/neg at battery. Other end of negative clamped to ground lug on winch motor. When I touched the positive battery cable to F2, it sparked like a bastard and didn't move the motor at all... Tried to swap for F1 and F2 with same result.

Did I hook something up wrong or am I looking at a bad winch motor?

Unsure if you have the lugs right. Should be 2 close to each other, f1 and 2. And one near the end bell of the motor, A. Jumper between A and one of the directional lugs and then power to the other F lug. Most I can help you online. Please don't shock yourself :D

Sounds like you tested it correctly. It's probably all gummed up inside.

I pulled the end cap off the motor and took a peak inside. I didn't see anything burned or obviously broken, and I also gently pushed the magnets up away from the armature to see if they were sticking. I was able to spin the motor shaft freely by hand with the clutch in free-wheel?

Unsure if you have the lugs right. Should be 2 close to each other, f1 and 2. And one near the end bell of the motor, A. Jumper between A and one of the directional lugs and then power to the other F lug. Most I can help you online. Please don't shock yourself :D

Yep, A is all by itself at the end of the motor housing and F1/2 are at the other end but close to each other.

Sounds like a bad motor. When my old 8274 went out it I replaced it with a warn motor # 68608. Bolted up great and runs very smoothe. Hope you get this thing figured out.:awesomework: