• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Opinions on Teryx4

stump jumper

350TBI, TURBO 400, 60/14/, 205/BLACKBOX, ON 42'S
Hey guys thinking bout getting the new t4. It has fox shocks, power steering an a new 800 engine. Anybody got any experience or thoughts on this machine. I currently have a original 2008 two seater and it been a great sxs I just need a bigger one so I can carry my wife and boy!

Friend of mine has the 750 Teryx 4 and man it's nice climbs good rides good EPS works good and has plenty of power and torque even with the 30s he has on it

Thanks man I am really leaning toward it, there just isn't many around here that I know of and I don't want to buy one that I will regret.

I've got one i bought in Mar of this year, just turned 200 miles. Bought it for the 4 seats in a normal for this area wheelbase. Really happy with the power and ride. Really researched alot before buying and with most of my co-workers/friends having rzr's and the constant problems associated with them went with this. Only known common problem is the floorbaords busting at the floor turn-up point. Kawi tried addressing it on the 14 with a added metal guard on the bottom part but it doesn't really help. Just got my 13 back last weekend from having the 14 style floorboards installed after busting both sides. right now Kawi is waranting all models even if out of warranty. Rzr's also have this problem to a degree, just not a bad. My kids love it so I guess that all that really matters. I would stick with the base or middle model as the limited only adds a top and aluminum wheels for the xtra scratch.

I was in the exact same boat . I ended up buying a like new rzr 4 900 with a ton of upgrades, even after the purchase i was still wondering if i made the right choice.
Most of my riding will be around my house with my wife, and my 5 yr old . So the tyrex seemed like the best choice, but i bought the rzr instead.
It was definatly the RIGHT decision for me. I took the RZR stony lonesome and it did awesome. I rode with several other SXS including a ranger and a tyrex. There is no comparission of the two. They are in different classes . The tyrex seems to have enough power to ride at a good steady pace and seemed to be decently stable. The tyrex and ranger are more compariable units.
As i was told while i was trying to decide the tyrex is like a 4x4 pick up and the rzr is like a well tuned 4 tuned race buggy. You can still drive the rzr slow and with the family , but when ever you want to get your blood pumpimg the rzr is the real deal . Riding the rzr kinda reminds me of riding a dirt bike. THe rzr rides so smooth my wife and her friends have even comemted on it.

Thanks for the info! You are right they Are in two different classes. The xps are awesome, my dad has a two seater that I ride and it is a lot badder than my terex. I just have liked the dependability of mine. I just hope the new t4 with the added size and weight will have enough performance to make me happy...

Re: Re: Opinions on Teryx4

You can always add long travel if you want more stability and even better suspension .. they seem to be great trail rigs from what I've seen

I have the 2013 t4 And its a great side by side. its a lot more woods friendly then the rzr 4. it has a lot of low end torque. I have 240 miles on it And no problems.

B.DRAKE said:
Friend of mine has the 750 Teryx 4 and man it's nice climbs good rides good EPS works good and has plenty of power and torque even with the 30s he has on it

Hey man what's up

Drake is on the money his buddy that as one flat out rode rite there with us all over Stoney lonesome it is an awesome rig

Thanks guys for all the comments. I think I will get me one this weekend, I supposedly got mine sold!!

I think they are bad ass!!! Especially for a trail/4seater. I have an XP900 and the T4 has impressed me a lot! Not fastest thing ever but whatever!

Latest posts