• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Optima batteries

I bought mine through advance a few years ago with one of their 50 off 150 coupons. They sometimes have 30% of with a $50 max discount as well.

You might look up East Penn batteries. We sell them at work for mining equipment. I called our rep and asked him if they have anything to compete against optima. He immediately said yes and gave me a part number and details. I just installed mine in December, so time will tell if they work. Here is a link to one I got. You might find cheaper on another site.

http://www.remybattery.com/intimidator-9a75dt-battery.html

rpf500 said:
You might look up East Penn batteries. We sell them at work for mining equipment. I called our rep and asked him if they have anything to compete against optima. He immediately said yes and gave me a part number and details. I just installed mine in December, so time will tell if they work. Here is a link to one I got. You might find cheaper on another site.

http://www.remybattery.com/intimidator-9a75dt-battery.html
Might be worth a shot. Is it the same size? I have a battery box welded into the chassis for an optima

Amazon had the best price on a new optima (I like blue top deep cycle) when I bought one last year maybe 2 ago.

Looks high now.

The last good battery I bought was a Duracell AGM from Batteries+Bulbs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

East penn is where it's at. They also make Carquest's house batteries. I abused the crap out of them for years in my tj, then grand Cherokee and then shoehorned it into my Acura.

SBJeepn said:
I assume that one can be mounted on it's side also?

I believe so. I am under the assumption any AGM type battery can be mounted on the side. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

[size=10pt]F.Y.I.!!![/size]

For years I thought Optimas were junk, couldn't make one last for more than a year or two. Found out last week that you have to charge them with an AGM charger, a regular charger will kill one. They are very sensitive to overcharging. Carry on.

Holy crap. I just checked advance and the 34/78 yellow top I have is $280!

I'm pretty sure it was just under $200 before any discount when I bought mine, but that was a few years ago now.

tonybolton said:
Gotta pay for that name.....

Much much cheaper options out there.
and much better also.. only reason I still have a red top and Prob will have one forever is cause tha motherfukers did before warranty runs out and I know the folks at the parts store haha. They suck balls these days. The old ones lasted forever.

Optima's are no longer made in America. They are made in Mexico now and they aren't nearly what they use to be. Go to Sams and get one of their AMG batteries made in America for $125 bucks. You'll save money and get a better product.

Molly Hatchet said:
Optima's are no longer made in America. They are made in Mexico now and they aren't nearly what they use to be. Go to Sams and get one of their AMG batteries made in America for $125 bucks. You'll save money and get a better product.

That Duracell AGM that sams sells can be got at batteries+bulbs for a few bucks cheaper (and no membership )

Yes! I don't go into my local batteries plus anymore. Mine has a bunch of idiots that don't care about customer service running it.. not sure on Walmart probably though..

TBItoy said:
That Duracell AGM that sams sells can be got at batteries+bulbs for a few bucks cheaper (and no membership )

https://m.samsclub.com/ip/duracell-agm-deep-cycle-marine-and-rv-battery-group-size-sl34magm/prod3590225

It'"s a group 34 deep cycle with dual marine style posts

Looks like it's listed higher at batteries plus now.

When I bought one last summer it was $129 at sams and $119 at B+