• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

optima

I had a red that was crap after a couple months. Traded it in for a yellow and have been happy. I've heard optima is hit or miss in be past few years.

Fire Freak said:
Red, blue, or yellow for my truggy? Opinions?

I like blue tops... because they have the extra stud terminals, makes it easy to hook up a bunch of ****, starter, winch leads, stereo power lead, etc...

2011-08-13132619.jpg

I had a red top for about 10 years and it never had an issue until a wiring issue with the jeep randomly turned on my lights and completely killed it. I was able to charge it and it works, bit it's like a cell is dead as it won't hold a good charge more than a few days.

I swapped it for a yellow top as all the reading I did indicated people were having better luck with yellows these days. Based on my research it honestly sounds like there was a time from ~2006-2009 where they went to crap and seem to be getting better quality since that time. This is just my assumption based on post dates from various forum threads.

Re: Re: optima

They are not what they use to be since production has moved to Mexico. Want something to last and a hell of a warranty then go with a Sears Diehard platinum.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I have a couple of reds and a couple of yellows, no problems with either, I did have to have one of my yellows from '07 replaced, but not sure if that didn't have more to do with Jeep killing it and it sitting dead last winter for a month or more.

Knock on wood, but I have been running the same red top for about 8yrs. It has been through months at a time with no usage, hot, cold, and countless extended use winch pulls. When this one dies I will buy another one. I might even put 2 in my 05 Dodge 3500 since the current ones are starting to get weak.

I have had 7 yellow tops throughout the years. I currently have 2 in my tow rig and 1 in my buggy. Best battery I've ever had, including Odyssey,, never had one fail. The one in my buggy sat on a shelf for 4 years while the buggy got built and still had plenty of juice to start it the first time.

I've got a yellow top on my buggy and a red and yellow on the race truck. Had great luck out of all of them. The one on the buggy has been on it for 2 years and came off the race truck.

what most people dont know is that you have to charge an optima a certin way or buy there charger to even put a 1oo % charge on them what most failures are caused by

I've had 3 red tops in the last few years and they were junk .. I had a yellowtop I got in 08 and its still on the truck I.put it on working like a champ ... I was told don't buy one with a manufacturing date after 09 from what I've heard their quality went way Dona.

Red top on my last Jeep is a year old and going strong. I had a blue top that's still floating around out there 3 years later.

I got a yellow a while back and it was bad after three days. The odyssey is the way to go! A lot more bang for the battery :****:

Got a red top in RATTLER and ole green & purple workin GREAT ,,,

zuki10033-1.jpg

I like having a safe NON ACID SPILL battery since it,s in the car with me,,,,,,,

zuki15106.jpg