• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

optimas

Chevyjoe

as of right now i have an optima red top running my rig, stereo, and lights. bought a winch and wondering what optima to buy to run it and the lights. red, yellow, blue? which one works best. (specs: the rig is a 86 chevy with a 305, kc hi-liters front/rear, 2000 watt stereo and the new winch is a smittybuilt xrc10) thanks for any feedback!

Definatle the Marine Deep cycle so then if u wear it down it isnt goin to hurt it charging it back up time and time again BLUE

as of right now i have an optima red top running my rig, stereo, and lights. bought a winch and wondering what optima to buy to run it and the lights. red, yellow, blue? which one works best. (specs: the rig is a 86 chevy with a 305, kc hi-liters front/rear, 2000 watt stereo and the new winch is a smittybuilt xrc10) thanks for any feedback!

would like to know too . havent bolted a winch up yet but been thinking and wondering which battery works the best for all :corn::corn::beer::beer:

2 yellow tops going into my new rig. always had the redtops before but per my battery guys advise I am trying these.

:haha:

i hope that was a joke.

hed be better off with a 9v:rolleyes:

A little :redneck: but I have had more Optimas die on me then any other battery :puke: I happen to still be running one but I have warranted it 4 times every time I am out wheeling all day no issues get home and try to start the jeep to unload it off the trailer and nothing it's dead :mad:

A little :redneck: but I have had more Optimas die on me then any other battery :puke: I happen to still be running one but I have warranted it 4 times every time I am out wheeling all day no issues get home and try to start the jeep to unload it off the trailer and nothing it's dead :mad:

must be a new red top there garbage from what I'm hearing..I have a older redtop in my subaru and it work's great..

X2.... on the Exide Orbital, better than any optima, or at least the newer ones :D
ive seen way too many fail, way too soon.
and an exide in general is typically a crappy battery. INTERSTATE is a much better option.
i think for the OP, the odyssey is the way to go.

yeh, the NEWEST ones should be good. and the OLD ones, its the few yrs in between..that were supposed to be junk.
ive had no problems with any of mine.

must be a new red top there garbage from what I'm hearing..I have a older redtop in my subaru and it work's great..
:awesomework:

x2. I burned through 3 separate yellow tops in the past 6 years. All died within the warranty or a month or two after. After the 3rd left me hanging in the woods at the bottom of something ugly, I told them I wanted my $$ back. Good thing the guys at Baxter, formerly Pacific National, hooked me up on a credit toward an Exide Orbital. I've been running that same battery for the past 3 years with NO problems. Starts every time, even after winching my buddy's :rb: jeep around the woods.

As for the comments for not having a powerful enough alternator, I'm running a GM 1-wire 100 amp...so I think I have enough to power the 22r and winch.

I ran Optimas for a long time, once they die, they dont take a full charge and dont recover. i was told by someone i trust the way to go was Interstate. have on in my rig now, it has set since Mid October and not started, jumped in last night and it started like it had been started every day. also I understand Excide makes just about every battery you see private labled for everybody else cuz their cheap... and cheap is not always a good thing.

I ran Optimas for a long time, once they die, they dont take a full charge and dont recover. i was told by someone i trust the way to go was Interstate. have on in my rig now, it has set since Mid October and not started, jumped in last night and it started like it had been started every day.

my yellow top is like this too haven't ran it in a couple months went out and started the jeep up no problem..

so would you guys recommend running 1 or 2 batteries? im goin to stick with the red top for running the rig and the stereo as it hasnt let me down yet, but from conclusion, the excide orbital is the way to go for the winch and lights? im just running a stock alternator? not sure which one, just went into auto zone and told them i needed a new 86 chevy k10 alternator when we rebuilt the rig.