• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Orbital valve specs.

rufnek79

I recently bought a charlynn valve and would like to find out what the specs. are. I googled it and looked for two days and can't find anything yet valve number is 211-1080-002 any help would be much appreciated thks.

should be able to find info on google.. my valve was pretty old and part numbers were superceeded a couple times and I ended up having to call char-lynn to get the info.. only took them a couple of minutes to figure out what it was..

Ok so now I've found out some info on the valve it is 5.86 cu. in. displacement, 6 gpm, open center, non load reaction.
Any advice on if this thing is worth a crap or not. I sure do hope so.

I would say it will be a little slow depending on your cylinder diameter and stroke. (Assuming you go 2 or 2.5) and how slow or quick you will want it depends on your wheeling style.(most people look for 7.3 ci or higher) Mine is great in the rocks and tight trails but anything over 40 mph I am all over the road, its just to fast. Also you will need a good pump because it takes 6 gallons per minute to operate. But it could be a g.ood base line for you to find out what you need or want

Thanks for the advice and info. i more of a going slow and easy for now until a few more mods. but like to be able to run down the dirt road too if needed especially at windrock. maybe this will be a good baseline for me to get a feel for it anyways. im running a stock dana 60 open for now and cut 44" tsl's up front and cut boggers on back so the stock box just isnt working real good on my scrambler. thks again maybe now i can lock the front end up and really tear some sh!t up.

Cheap way is get a mid 80's one ton chevy truck with hydroboost brake pump because they have highest volume and pressure . But higher dollar everyone I know now is running howell because they don't burn up as easy.

I ran a hydro boost pump and when I hit big rpms it would twist off the shaft inside. I guess it hadtoomuch volume for such a small shaft.

I am running the 80s hrdroboost pump.

2 thoughts: with 2 returns to the pump, you could split the return from valve and run 2 coolers/increase system volume.

Or you need to plug one of the returns on the res. but everywhere I research says in all probability that all reman pumps are same????

So if any one really knows of a stock pump that REALLY has more pressure/volume please post dome numbers cause I want one too.

Latest posts