• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Ori stuck. Help please.

skipnrocks

Last time I was out my right rear ori looked low. I tried to fil it and it stayed loweven after trying to jack up the corner with the high lift. It actually lifted a tire but won't extend past 6 inches. I tried letting all the air out and re filling.

Let some gas out of the bottom, I bet oil comes out. If so you have a seal leaking. ORI has a problem with this. My father in law and I have both had one do this. Once the oil is out it should extend. Until more leaks.

Did it ride rough before it did this? ORI told me to let the bottom pressure off, then put 500 psi in the top, if the entire shaft isn't showing 14",16" ect, there's oil blocking it, which is been said a bad seal.

Mine did same thing. Bled both upper and lower pressure to zero and it realesed. Oil did come out the bottom but wont realese till lower chamber is bled off.

Not a chance on the Fox. I drove a buddy's rig over an obsticals I have done 100 times in my rig and he runs coil overs. Oris are night and day more stable and every bit as comfortable when running fast.

Pulled the Schroeder core and let a little oil out and it filled right up right as rain. Thanks guys

I'm not sure if they're still doing it, but they had a bad batch of seals in the early models, they paid for me to ship all four of mine to them, repaired and sent back no charge to me.

yankster said:
I'm not sure if they're still doing it, but they had a bad batch of seals in the early models, they paid for me to ship all four of mine to them, repaired and sent back no charge to me.

When was that?

SBJeepn said:
Not a chance on the Fox. I drove a buddy's rig over an obsticals I have done 100 times in my rig and he runs coil overs. Oris are night and day more stable and every bit as comfortable when running fast.

Pulled the Schroeder core and let a little oil out and it filled right up right as rain. Thanks guys

Untuned coilovers suck ;)

Tuned coilovers on the other hand....

TRD said:
Untuned coilovers suck ;)

Tuned coilovers on the other hand....

Actually having this debate right now with myself. Building a werock/trail rig. Ran oris this past year and always have to tinker with them. Debating going back to coilovers or air shocks or just tough it out with these oris and carry fill kit with me. Last trip hole buggy lost 3" at ride height because of outside temprature. That just kind of bugs me. The stability of them are awesome still cant get rear soft enough even with 60 psi in lower champer for high speed trail riding but they crawl great when they arent stuck or shrunk 3" and belly hanging everything. So my question to you fellows what would you run on a sub 3k pound rig built to compete in werock yet still take it trail riding... keep oris or go back to coilovers or a 2.5 air shock

Re: Re: Ori stuck. Help please.

stuftmunky2k said:
Actually having this debate right now with myself. Building a werock/trail rig. Ran oris this past year and always have to tinker with them. Debating going back to coilovers or air shocks or just tough it out with these oris and carry fill kit with me. Last trip hole buggy lost 3€ at ride height because of outside temprature. That just kind of bugs me. The stability of them are awesome still cant get rear soft enough even with 60 psi in lower champer for high speed trail riding but they crawl great when they arent stuck or shrunk 3€ and belly hanging everything. So my question to you fellows what would you run on a sub 3k pound rig built to compete in werock yet still take it trail riding... keep oris or go back to coilovers or a 2.5 air shock
I would just buy my rig and run captured coils and Bilstein the 5125s I got on it. :)

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

stuftmunky2k said:
Actually having this debate right now with myself. Building a werock/trail rig. Ran oris this past year and always have to tinker with them. Debating going back to coilovers or air shocks or just tough it out with these oris and carry fill kit with me. Last trip hole buggy lost 3" at ride height because of outside temprature. That just kind of bugs me. The stability of them are awesome still cant get rear soft enough even with 60 psi in lower champer for high speed trail riding but they crawl great when they arent stuck or shrunk 3" and belly hanging everything. So my question to you fellows what would you run on a sub 3k pound rig built to compete in werock yet still take it trail riding... keep oris or go back to coilovers or a 2.5 air shock

A properly setup coilover with sway bar will be best. It can be tuned to do everything you want although I'd probably get the DSC Adjusters so you can dial in any changes you want.

ORI's can be setup to go faster ... but they require a sway bar, aren't as tuneable as a coilover and have reliability problems.
2.5 Air shocks are just as expensive and heavy as coiliovers but don't work as well, and will still have some temperature sensitivity.

SBJeepn said:

:rolf:

My step uncle twice removed on my step sisters side has a 91 toyota that will go anywhere. Hence the reason I'm cutting my four link out and going to leaf springs.
Properly tuned coilovers are definitely better. Ori is a good option if you wanna tinker yourself and originally wanted air shocks.