• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

OTHER - King of the Hammers - February 1-6, 2015

Re: 2015 King of the Hammers

5onrocks said:
It blew so hard when we were there that canopies and tents were broken and scattered everywhere! I wouldn't even think about tent camping out there. Plenty of people do but not me.

I'm thinking a hotel might be a good idea.

Went last year and had a blast I think I'll be going back again this year to #KOH2015

Trailabite said:
Yep, we are checking out the hotel. We are actually thinking about driving out there this weekend to take a look around.
Hey I'm real curious about a hotel room. I thought the lake bed is far from civilization? Is it that close to town? Shoot I could set my girls up at the hotel and give em some spending money when they don't wanna come out. That would be sweet.

Please keep me posted

Trailabite said:
Yep, we are checking out the hotel. We are actually thinking about driving out there this weekend to take a look around.
Cool, send Trucker and I a PM over on MGO after you check it out please.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LightBnDr said:
Hey I'm real curious about a hotel room. I thought the lake bed is far from civilization? Is it that close to town? Shoot I could set my girls up at the hotel and give em some spending money when they don't wanna come out. That would be sweet.

Please keep me posted

The hotels are not close to KOH. I think the closest town is Yucca Valley and that's 45 minutes from there. The other ones are about an hour away.

The bad part about staying in a motel is the traffic jam you get into trying to get back to the lake bed. It backs up pretty far and is slow moving. But if you get to the lakebed early it is no problem.

Ok cool. That's what I thought. I'd wanna be on the lake bed knee deep in the action anyway

LightBnDr said:
Ok cool. That's what I thought. I'd wanna be on the lake bed knee deep in the action anyway
If it's like last year, it will be a lot deeper than your knees!

I'll be there Monday - Friday, but it looks like the group I was planning on wheeling with is bailing out on going. Any chance there is a group of wheelers going that I could tag along with? I have a former Ultra4 buggy that is very capable and would like to do most of the trails there throughout the week.

knaffie said:
I'll be there Monday - Friday, but it looks like the group I was planning on wheeling with is bailing out on going. Any chance there is a group of wheelers going that I could tag along with? I have a former Ultra4 buggy that is very capable and would like to do most of the trails there throughout the week.
A group of us are coming from Michigan. booyang were bringing my buggy

2015 King of the Hammers

knaffie said:

I'm not sure where your coming from but, There's a group leaving out of GA you might be able to get in with.

Trailabite said:
I'm not sure where your coming from but, There's a group leaving out of GA you might be able to get in with.

Starting out from Louisville, but that doesn't matter, we're going to Glamis for 4 days before going to KOH. I want to wheel Monday - Thursday at minimum. I'd like to have a plan A and a plan B for a group to wheel with while I'm there.

knaffie said:
Starting out from Louisville, but that doesn't matter, we're going to Glamis for 4 days before going to KOH. I want to wheel Monday - Thursday at minimum. I'd like to have a plan A and a plan B for a group to wheel with while I'm there.

Cool. This will be my first time out there. I just moved out here to SoCal so there is no reason not to go. I'm trying to hook up with some locals here to ride with.

Ok so an important question....
Has anyone ever camped on the lake bed all week in a pop up camper?

Is the wind so violent that it's got no chance of lasting?