• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

OTHER - KOH Chocolate Thunder Challenge - February 1, 2016

muddinmetal said:
I know a few people who made the trip with their buggies last year who absolutely hated the Hammers & will never go back :****:
You have to enjoy rock crawling and desert running to like it! It's not bouncer territory. With some lower gears a bouncer is fun if you go ride the harder trails.

patooyee said:
I wouldn't say disappointing. I doubt I could be disappointed so long as I saw buggies going up it. But I did notice the lack of "household" names on both the U4 and SRRS side.

Who knows, maybe after Mon. some of those names will become household names? :)

True that, didn't mean that as anything against them at all

Re: Re: OTHER - KOH Chocolate Thunder Challenge - February 1, 2016

al1tonyota said:
You have to enjoy rock crawling and desert running to like it! It's not bouncer territory. With some lower gears a bouncer is fun if you go ride the harder trails.
I bet driving a rig with a straight drive case and a glide out there would suck ass. By the satellite photography I've looked at it looks like there are some pretty long stretches of desert and easy trails between the real trails.

Was there with Richie and Bobby last year with my buggy and swore I would never miss it again it was that much fun!! When they decided not to go this year we opted out as well! I'm hoping since they're starting a new shoot out trend everyone will decide to go back next year and I hope we can do some more trail riding instead of making it all about the competition that is one bad ass place. Couldn't imagine why someone would say they would never go back :****:

On the bouncer side, watch out for Jake Burkey and Randall Key. Young buck and a veteran in the lineup, not to discount any of the others. :driving:

STROKERYOTA said:
great run scott!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot:

I really hope next year they move it bac to BackDoor, I think that obstacle was much more entertaining

doubt it will move back. They need to just make a rock bouncer bounty hill. We can't get any Ultra 4 drivers to come play anymore anyways...... :gay: