• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Out with the old, in with the new.

Later. Done for today. Got 90wt filled. Pulled front driveline to send back to Tom for shortening.

Will post up shock mount pics when I get that figured out.

Still need:
Shorten drive shaft
Weld lower shock mounts.
Fabricate new upper shock mounts

It's about time you got that installed!
Hey now, it's only been three years.
Was going to do it two years ago, but a new house and a new baby kinda kept me busy.
Was going to do it last year, but TTCC caused me to rebuild green jeep instead.
Figured I better get on it, as this March/April:cheer: will be busy, and I've got a trip planned for June.:redneck:

chris (JNK-RNR) has the ford part number they are actually cheap from the stealership. i dunno if he posted it in his FJ40 build but he already has them. same shock towers i had on my CJ

chris (JNK-RNR) has the ford part number they are actually cheap from the stealership. i dunno if he posted it in his FJ40 build but he already has them. same shock towers i had on my CJ

Depending on whom you call, it's $13 to $17 at local Ford.
Bought two of 'em. Paid a little extra, but they were more convienent than the cheaper store.

Got new brake hoses. Got the 'Big brake' upgrade. Dem are HUGE.

Still waiting for driveshaft to return from Tom

Also ordered the Mountain Off Road Enterprises steering box bracket, which moves the box forwards an inch (and over a half inch). This added inch should clear my tie rod from hitting my drag link during suspension cycling. Currently, the juuuuust rub, when I test flexed the rig in the garage.

Looks good under there...and with the SUA setup and the Dynatrac center, the pumpkin isn't that much lower then the springs are...:cool:

old shock towers:

Attachments

• Photo02122335.jpg
    Photo02122335.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 105
Got the steering box relocate bracket installed today, as well as the design and installation of the first shock mount bracket. Test fit everything, and it all clears for articulation, including while turning. Still need to get some shock bolt spacers.

Driveshaft has been shortened. Will get installed Wednesday.
Then it weld in the other shock tower, as soon as I get a chance.
Install brakes and it's driveable

Still need to make some bump stops too.

Last edited: