• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

outboard motor

boxboy

can I be your friend...
I am looking for an outboard motor I want a 4-stroke in the 5hp range? anyone have one they want to sell or any good leads?

I may even be thinking of buying new whats the best brands anything to stay away from? any suggestions on where to shop?

I will be putting it on a 14' aluminum small boat for fish lakes rivers and such.

If you wanted to do 2-stroke, my father has a pretty nice little Merc 9.9 or so in the garage we need to get rid of some day. Cheaper than a new 4-stroke, but I agree the 4-strokes are nice.

Let me know if you want to go that way at all.

He's got an "older" 15 or 25 HP Johnson as well if anyone's looking. (been a while since i've looked so I'd have to check)

My father in law has a Yamaha 4stroke in that power range. It has electric start I know and has always been dealer maintained. He pulled it off his tiger shark to put on his new boat. Then his new boat had a good Suzuki kicker on it. I can get pictures and all the details for you

My father in law has a Yamaha 4stroke in that power range. It has electric start I know and has always been dealer maintained. He pulled it off his tiger shark to put on his new boat. Then his new boat had a good Suzuki kicker on it. I can get pictures and all the details for you

Long or short?

If you wanted to do 2-stroke, my father has a pretty nice little Merc 9.9 or so in the garage we need to get rid of some day. Cheaper than a new 4-stroke, but I agree the 4-strokes are nice.

Let me know if you want to go that way at all.

He's got an "older" 15 or 25 HP Johnson as well if anyone's looking. (been a while since i've looked so I'd have to check)

I will keep this in mind do you know the year on the Merc?