• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Overson Engineering?

crzyamerican

Hey all,
Long time lurker, first time post.
I have a rock bouncer that I'm taking on a trip in a couple weeks. My Yukon Super Joints in my Dana 60 are shot pretty much, and I'm looking to get a replacement set before I go. Due to funds I was looking at less expensive alternatives to hold me over for awhile.
I was looking at the Violator from Overson Engineering. I had read some posts during research, that some people had problems with getting items in a timely manner.
So my question Is, Has anyone here felt with them recently and did you have any issues?

Hey all,
Long time lurker, first time post.
I have a rock bouncer that I'm taking on a trip in a couple weeks. My Yukon Super Joints in my Dana 60 are shot pretty much, and I'm looking to get a replacement set before I go. Due to funds I was looking at less expensive alternatives to hold me over for awhile.
I was looking at the Violator from Overson Engineering. I had read some posts during research, that some people had problems with getting items in a timely manner.
So my question Is, Has anyone here felt with them recently and did you have any issues?

Quality is top notch. Lead times can be next day to weeks or months. Just have to call and ask. No other way to know.

Quality is top notch. Lead times can be next day to weeks or months. Just have to call and ask. No other way to know.
Thanks. I called and had to leave a message. I'll see how long it takes to get a call back. Ended up ordering some more super joints. But would still like a quality, inexpensive backup.

I think the ouverson joints are better then the super joints but that is just my opinion due to the way you grease the ouverson joints and it seems they hold grease better.

Gregg, I think people do, it seems they are header to get then the ouverson joints. If I remember correctly doesn't your new buggy have CTM's and 40 spline spidertrax in the front end Bubba built?

Gregg, I think people do, it seems they are header to get then the ouverson joints. If I remember correctly doesn't your new buggy have CTM's and 40 spline spidertrax in the front end Bubba built?

The original description says front 14 bolt is running Spider Trax 300m 40 splines and Superjoints right now that Bubba put together. I just swapped out the bastard drive flanges for some Solid's.

My understanding is CTM is no longer making axle shafts. Not sure on U-joints. I've run CTM steering shafts and U-joints for years. Top quality but at this point, I'd be looking at yukon superjoints or ouverson violator u-joints.

For 35 spline axle shafts, looks like spidertrax dropped their dana 60 options. Ouverson doesn't advertise dana 60 shafts. Branik or ECGS since you already have U-joints or go 300m RCV's and loose the u-joints?

My understanding is CTM is no longer making axle shafts. Not sure on U-joints. I've run CTM steering shafts and U-joints for years. Top quality but at this point, I'd be looking at yukon superjoints or ouverson violator u-joints.

For 35 spline axle shafts, looks like spidertrax dropped their dana 60 options. Ouverson doesn't advertise dana 60 shafts. Branik or ECGS since you already have U-joints or go 300m RCV's and loose the u-joints?
[/QUOTE

I have heard Jack will still make production stuff like u joints but it might be something short lived if they are already getting out of making axle shafts. As a side note does anyone make a 1550 300M u joint since CTM might not be doing it any more this is what branik has been waiting on to release there 1550 shafts correct?

Can you tell me something about them being tigged onto the shafts? I was curious when I saw that.

From my understanding its just extra insurance the cap wont pop out of the axle shaft due to a c clip failure. I also thing it helps with u joint wear but can't prove that. To me if it is welded to the shaft and it is full or grease there will be less movement of the u joint cap.

From my understanding its just extra insurance the cap wont pop out of the axle shaft due to a c clip failure. I also thing it helps with u joint wear but can't prove that. To me if it is welded to the shaft and it is full or grease there will be less movement of the u joint cap.

Makes sense you don't want it to go south on you in the middle of a climb or wherever. I cleaned them all off and slammed them full of grease and went on my way. No worries and thanks for the information.

Makes sense you don't want it to go south on you in the middle of a climb or wherever. I cleaned them all off and slammed them full of grease and went on my way. No worries and thanks for the information.
what the race team i run with stand point we have noticed on the axle shafts the caps walk out over a practice run and can start to hit the knuckle... and if your in a race and have to pull and replace a axle shaft you already have to pull the zerks to get them out of the knuckle so you dont wanna have to fight to get the caps in... so we tig ooo about a half an inch on either side...

also some info we have learned... cause we have broke ctm overson and yukon joints is that the caps seem to be close on all of them in terms of brass and material thickness but... the yukon's have a thicker cross section.... i dont remember how much but it is thicker...

what the race team i run with stand point we have noticed on the axle shafts the caps walk out over a practice run and can start to hit the knuckle... and if your in a race and have to pull and replace a axle shaft you already have to pull the zerks to get them out of the knuckle so you dont wanna have to fight to get the caps in... so we tig ooo about a half an inch on either side...

also some info we have learned... cause we have broke ctm overson and yukon joints is that the caps seem to be close on all of them in terms of brass and material thickness but... the yukon's have a thicker cross section.... i dont remember how much but it is thicker...

All good info right there. A lot quicker to just pull and replace the entire shaft, inner and outer, then to try and change it at the U joint.

I have a new set of Yukon shafts to go into my Toyota truggy and I will go with the Ouversons too. My spare shafts have OG Bobby Longs in them. The caps are getting loose and the grease fittings are beat up. I was thinking about welding the caps I don't have a tig so I guess a mig will be fine for this. Not having any luck sourcing the 1/4x28 internal grease fittings anyone have a source for them?

Latest posts