• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Painted a new Rockstar body

Myke J

So after changing my shock setup I was rubbing my body a lot with the lower ride height. I had the Losi Grappler body, which is pretty small, and I had trimmed it a lot, but it still was hitting the tires quite a bit. So yesterday I was in the hobby shop and decided to pick up one of the new Pro-Line Rockstar bodies. It's even smaller then the Losi body. So I painted it up today using Metallic Red with Outlaw black behind it. Ii didn't come out quite the way I had wanted. I wanted to have a really light coat of red so that it kind of just blended into the black. I put the red on a little too thick, so it doesn't look like what I had planned, but I think it still looks pretty good. Made it come out a metallic burgandy. I put a small black pinstripe down the sides for no reason other then that I had some pinstriping tape. I did the flares, bars, and trim in Silver. My masking job didn't turn out very good on the bars, but overall I'm happy with. It's gonna get beat up anyways so it doesn't have to look great. I mounted it a little farther forward to protect the batteries when it rolls. Best of all, it doesn't rub anywhere, even at full stuff with the steering cranked over. It did have to trim the rear of the front fenders, but it was mounted about 1/2"-3/8" farther back I wouldn't have needed to trim at all.

Pro-Line Rockstar vs. Losi Grappler
DSCN0678.jpg

12.5" long
DSCN0676.jpg

5" wide
DSCN0677.jpg

It actually fits inside of the Losi body :D
DSCN0679.jpg

Took it out on my little rock pile for some poser shots
DSCN0673.jpg

DSCN0671.jpg

DSCN0674.jpg

Looks good...dang that body is small. I am trying to wait for the new Axial body to come out but I might have to pick up a Rockstar.