• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Painting ATV plastics

slythorne

So I just bought a Warrior the other day and the plastics look a little aged. After seeing the prices of new plastics, I thought about just painting them.

Any recommendations on how to do this? Which paints are the best for this? What about prep stages? Is it worth it, or will the paint most likely just chip too easily?

I will be doing most of my riding at the dunes at in Capitol Forest if that matters at all...

Thanks!

Not sure the best kind of paint but be sure to add a flex agent to the paint or it will crack right away!

I think overall if your planning on doing any type of trail riding you would be happier with new plastics as you will be prone to getting chips or cracks from riding the trails. If it was strictly a dune bike then I would not be so concerned about that type of stuff. :awesomework:

Look on ebay for stock plastics :awesomework:

Look into plastic furniture paint and scuff the surfaces on it.. Clean it with soap and water not sure if they make a primer for that..

Get some bulldog adhesion promotor. That'll make it stick. What kind of paint you use depends on what you want to spend and how you want it to look. X2 on the flex additive if you're using mixed paint, if you're using spray bomb, get a paint made for plastics.

My dad used the polishing kit most bike shops have. You start w/ coarse sand paper and work down in steps. It was alot of work but his Banshee looked better than new when done.

My dad used the polishing kit most bike shops have. You start w/ coarse sand paper and work down in steps. It was alot of work but his Banshee looked better than new when done.

The polishing is the best way to go if you are planning on the same color. Plastics take a ton of abuse and it's hard to keep any paint on them.

Latest posts