• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

passenger drop 14 bolt front measurement questions

Prices could change slightly pending review of final machining costs but right now we're planning to list them on our website for $599.99 with free shipping. We may also have some introductory specials for you guys to get product off the shelves and into capable hands :dblthumb:

Sorry to be negative but thats steep for a spool, on the 14 front I built we used a ecgs 30 spline spool and had rcv make the custom shafts 30-35 spline at the birf at no extra cost. I understand maching costs, materials and developement costs money but I don't see it at 600. Best of luck.

SomewhiteGuy said:
Sorry to be negative but thats steep for a spool, on the 14 front I built we used a ecgs 30 spline spool and had rcv make the custom shafts 30-35 spline at the birf at no extra cost. I understand maching costs, materials and developement costs money but I don't see it at 600. Best of luck.

No worries. Our spools aren't for everyone and it sounds like you got a good solution figured out on your build. To be fair though, that's not really an apples to apples comparison to our product. The spool you got is a chinese import unit. We can't compete in that market nor do we want to. Also, we're not really targeting our 35 spline spool to the builder who is building a fully custom 14 bolt front, and has the time to measure for custom shafts, order custom cuts from a shaft builder like RCV, etc. That all takes a lot of time and effort. We've been there and done that.

We're designing our 35 spline spool to work with off the shelf Chevy 60 shafts whether stock or aftermarket. Most people either have stock Chevy 60 shafts from their old 60 or can get them in stock from an aftermarket manufacturer. We plan to keep all our spools in stock so within a couple days you could have the parts for your 14 bolt front in your hands without ever picking up the phone. I think that alone will be worth the extra $300 or whatever the difference in cost is not to mention the fact that you're getting a superior product, made in the USA.

There are also others who have a lot of money tied up in a custom built 60 with bling high $$$ shafts and would like to reuse them. Our spool gives them that option provided they can get the measurements to work out. I don't see our 35 spline spools driving sales but we have the broach, why not offer it?

40spline.com said:
No worries. Our spools aren't for everyone and it sounds like you got a good solution figured out on your build. To be fair though, that's not really an apples to apples comparison to our product. The spool you got is a chinese import unit. We can't compete in that market nor do we want to. Also, we're not really targeting our 35 spline spool to the builder who is building a fully custom 14 bolt front, and has the time to measure for custom shafts, order custom cuts from a shaft builder like RCV, etc. That all takes a lot of time and effort. We've been there and done that.

We're designing our 35 spline spool to work with off the shelf Chevy 60 shafts whether stock or aftermarket. Most people either have stock Chevy 60 shafts from their old 60 or can get them in stock from an aftermarket manufacturer. We plan to keep all our spools in stock so within a couple days you could have the parts for your 14 bolt front in your hands without ever picking up the phone. I think that alone will be worth the extra $300 or whatever the difference in cost is not to mention the fact that you're getting a superior product, made in the USA.

There are also others who have a lot of money tied up in a custom built 60 with bling high $$$ shafts and would like to reuse them. Our spool gives them that option provided they can get the measurements to work out. I don't see our 35 spline spools driving sales but we have the broach, why not offer it?

Andrew I think you have a good thing here. Off the shelf 60 shafts in a build can speed the process up substantially. Randy's stocks Yukon cut to length long spline shafts for front and rear applications that can ship same day. A custom 30 spline shaft will be longer. Also, look for some select companies to begin charging additional for splining the 30 spline version, they have to start with a larger raw stock to do it right.

At the end if the day, it's a viable product. If I tear up the low pinion 60 in my shitbox Jeep I'll be decoding on a 14bolt or HI9. Either way I'll be using my same RCV shafts and this is the spool to make that happen.