• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Peeps with, or have had, 42" treps come on in............

the_white_shadow

Recently i have been burping air out of the inner bead when doing some wheeling. Mostly crawling, not hill killing. I ran 8psi front and rear since they were new. After burping pretty bay at 8psi, i ran them at 10 the next day and they still burped, but not as bad.

What is every one running after breaking in the tires? I have about 7 or 8 runs on them and the tread is about 60% left. Wheels are Racelines without any tape on the inner bead. Its weird as they use to not burp at all when new at a lower PSI. Truck weights 4600-ish lbs.

Should i run more psi? Break them down and tape the inner bead with some duct tape? Sell the treps and get some dig tars? Ok, that last one probably isnt going to happen.

Pic of the rig in question.
Zk-oYzQX2eykj12CXJLqW82jdkZ6xn64TstuQI-UstxeJuYI7zvWDRzAqw5tjpZcH5Z8RkQrVjhsg7lQd95JXzFr_pn4OI_ipFrIZsXrC4DGsfR56cvC9nnoTGK_SulwBadoxusz7Q

Question, you've ran them 7-8 times and they have 60% tread? Did you buy them used?????

I was just guessing. The center tread is about there. We wheel on pink granite a lot and its pretty rough on tires.

booyang booyang smokey white burnouts is what it sounds like. Looks like the rocks and trails he wheels on have that texas, new mexico type grit to it that would proubably eat those nerf footballs called treps up pretty quick! but that's just my two cents. I haven't ran the treps only the 43 stickies, I have heard the sidewall on the treps although look wicked are more lightweight compared to the tsl sxs. I have always run 8 psi in mine and never had a problem. Does anyone ever silicone the bead before mounting?

I have ran 43 stickies on the same wheels and never had an issue burping air at 6-7psi. Ran them for a couple years before selling them.

Dont get me wrong, i love the treps. Sidewalls are holding up great. They stick to pretty much everything. Im going to Clayton at the end of March and will see how they do in a slicker/muddier surface.

Get two rolls of a good thick duck tape, break the back side down, as you'll notice you'll be about to let air out and jump on the tire for a few and it will come off,it shouldn't do that btw, go three rounds on top of the bead then go three more rounds over the entire bead on each wheel and you should be good. When you air it back up it won't seat the bead until 20lbs of air are in the tire. Rock out! Treps beads are funky and the sidewalls are actually to flexible allowing the bead to roll off and you burp air. The flat billers tested them with 20lbs of air in them I guess...

I aired them back up to 40 psi for a couple of days and when I hit the trail I lowered them back down to 10psi. I haven't checked them since I'm currently using the kick and jiggle method. I 'm scared to mess with them since they quit going flat on me. Personally I think Maxxis and Aluminum beadlock manufactures are both at fault. The beads on my Trailready's are too small in my opinion. as the old saying goes. If you cant duck it.... It cant be fixed lol.

the_white_shadow said:
I appreciate the info Molly. What PSI do you run them at with the tape?

I had one of my 42s do it one night (wee hours of the morning) at AOP following Dobosh around... I didn't notice it at first and then steering and the ride got really rough... tire had come completely off the wheel on the back side.

I solely blame it on him....

But all kidding aside, I did 2 strips of duct tape on the beads on my 40in treps/ alum. racelines and never had an issue. I did not mount these and they don't have any. I have since stolen the wheels off the bouncer for the Toyota so when I remount the 42s, I will be adding tape. For what it's worth, they were mounted on alum. KMCs when it came off the wheel. I don't remember what I was running them at at the time but I know it was around 8-10.

I am running walker Evans alum and 40 inch treps and am having the same trouble. What air pressure were you able to run with tape on the 40 inch treps?

shodan said:
I am running walker Evans alum and 40 inch treps and am having the same trouble. What air pressure were you able to run with tape on the 40 inch treps?

it has been a while but iirc I ran around 8-10 front and 6-8 rear when racing (lower when trail riding around 5-6 ea) , never had to air up, no burping or anything ( Toyota cab truck with 60s f/r ) not sure of my weight