• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Peterbilt flatbed

Dirt700

Trying to get the flatbed started. Right now there will be quiet a bit behind the axle. Any of you that have did flatbeds have any input?

Attachments

• PXL_20210917_164122034.jpg
    PXL_20210917_164122034.jpg
    225.8 KB · Views: 384
Should be able haul 14k legally on that axle I think so I'd say no problem

Should be able haul 14k legally on that axle I think so I'd say no problem
Thanks, I was worried how it would shift the weight off of the front, being back that far. The way it sits now is 12ft of flat and 3ft dove. I may do 10 ft flat and 4ft dove. That might help shift the weight forward some

I have 0 semi truck / flat bed experience, but it might be a good idea to get it weighted (with split weights ft/rr) before putting the flatbed?

That should give you a good idea of what's acceptable.

There will end up being alot of weight in front of axle, between toolboxes and spares and such. But weighing it is a good idea
I have 0 semi truck / flat bed experience, but it might be a good idea to get it weighted (with split weights ft/rr) before putting the flatbed?

That should give you a good idea of what's acceptable.

I'd say give yourself as much room as possible without making it too heavy. Where you park the buggy is probably going to have the biggest influence on how the weight is distributed. More room equals more adjustment.

your buggy weighs less than the engine and transmission on that truck.

I'd build a bed long enough that put the bell housing of the buggy over the back axle .
I ended up going with 10 flat 4 dove. That will be close to the bell housing over the axle

Finally got started on the main frame rails

Attachments

• PXL_20210917_235515063.jpg
    PXL_20210917_235515063.jpg
    278.7 KB · Views: 313
I've seen some guys haul a pretty good size dozer on a set of tandem axles set up just like you're doing. It will handle the weight absolutely no problem but getting it distributed properly is key. If you get the weight too far forward it will be rough ass ride. I'd try to get it centered as much as possible over the centerline of the axle, maybe a little towards the rear . I've had coils be a foot to 18" to far forwards and it's a rough ass ride.

I've seen some guys haul a pretty good size dozer on a set of tandem axles set up just like you're doing. It will handle the weight absolutely no problem but getting it distributed properly is key. If you get the weight too far forward it will be rough ass ride. I'd try to get it centered as much as possible over the centerline of the axle, maybe a little towards the rear . I've had coils be a foot to 18" to far forwards and it's a rough ass ride.
Thanks for the input. Where you hauling coils out of?

Did you take the 5th wheel off? If so did you cut all the bolts?
Yeah I took it off, I had to cut them. It was hard to get a wrench under there. Then the bolts on the frame where huck bolts, those were fun. Used a cut-off wheel, and when I would get enough cut, the tension on them, would send them into space like little rockets

Latest posts